Consultancy to perform a household baseline survey in all five districts of the Adamaoua Region of Cameroon for SNV-Cameroon
Location: Cameroon Type of contract: Consultancy
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 40 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We work in over 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkans and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
SNV is undertaking a survey to measure standard of living indicators across the 5 districts of Adamawa province. The project serves as the baseline for an action research project on the adoption of biogas digesters by households in Cameroon. This “Terms of Reference” (TOR) is for a firm/consortium (“Survey Firm”) to implement all aspects of a survey with households in the 5 districts of the Adamawa province of Cameroon. The data collected will constitute a key input to the Biogas Research Project being implemented by SNV Cameroon in partnership with the Ministry of Energy and Water of the Government of Cameroon.
Scope of work:
The selected Survey Firm will be expected to successfully implement all aspects of the data collection activity. These activities include:
- Baseline survey of select subset of sub-county and district households across 5 districts.
- It is expected that each survey will take approximately one hour.
- Data collection will include individual qualifications and behavioral measures, along with sub-counties or districts characteristics, and socio-economic profiles.
- Data collection will be done by travelling to each of the specified sub-counties and villages,
- The survey firm will ensure that detailed contact information is collected for each individual surveyed, so that more than 95% of individuals can be tracked during the post-intervention survey to be collected 12-18 months after the baseline.
The selected firm/consortium shall possess the following qualifications:
- A legal status recognized by the Government of Cameroon, enabling the organization to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience of organizing surveys on the scale of this project over the past ten years.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality individual or household surveys with low non-response rate
- Strong capacity and experience in planning and organizing survey logistics.
- Good network of experienced enumerators, supervisors and data entry clerks.
- Strong capacity in data management and statistics.
- Strong knowledge in the following software: CS-Pro, SPSS, Stata.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit.
The selected firm/consortium is preferred to have the following qualifications:
- Experience working in the study areas
- Strong background in microeconomics, statistics and econometrics.
- Previous experience in impact evaluation.
Timeframe will be from March to June 2013.
Presentation of bidding documents
Consultants interested in this tender are invited to request full bidding documents by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “REQUEST FOR BIDDING DOCUMENTS – HOUSEHOLD SURVEY SNV-CM-003-2013.” The deadline for applications is the 21st of February.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.