SNV Cameroon is looking for: LOCAL CONSULTANT IN RENEWABLE ENERGY - BIOGAZ RESEARCH PROJECT (deadline extention and new email address)
SNV is looking for a consultant to perform baseline survey for an action research project on the adoption of biogas digesters by households in Cameroon. The data collected will constitute a key input to the Biogas Research Project being implemented by SNV Cameroon in partnership with the Ministry of Energy and Water of the Government of Cameroon.
Scope of work:
The selected Survey Firm will be expected to successfully implement all aspects of the data collection activity which include:
- Baseline survey of select subset of sub-county and district households across 5 districts.
- It is expected that each survey will take approximately one hour.
- Data collection will include individual qualifications and behavioral measures, along with sub-counties or districts characteristics, and socio-economic profiles.
- Data collection will be done by travelling to each of the specified sub-counties and villages,
- The survey firm will ensure that detailed contact information is collected for each individual surveyed, so that more than 95% of individuals can be tracked during the post-intervention survey to be collected 12-18 months after the baseline.
The selected firm/consortium shall possess the following qualifications:
- A legal status recognized by the Government of Cameroon, enabling the organization to perform the above-mentioned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience of organizing surveys on the scale of this project over the past ten years.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality individual or household surveys with low non-response rate
- Strong capacity and experience in planning and organizing survey logistics.
- Good network of experienced enumerators, supervisors and data entry clerks.
- Strong capacity in data management and statistics.
- Strong knowledge in the following software: CS-Pro, SPSS, Stata.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit.
- Experience working in the study areas
- Strong background in microeconomics, statistics and econometrics.
- Previous experience in impact evaluation.
Timeframe will be from March to June 2013.
Presentation of bidding documents
Consultants interested in this tender are invited to request full bidding documents by sending an email to JShariff@snvworld.org with the subject line “REQUEST FOR BIDDING DOCUMENTS – HOUSEHOLD SURVEY SNV-CM-003-2013.” The deadline for applications is the 8th of March. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.