Réf. : 000695
Nb de postes : 1
- Assist in providing directions and guidance in improving systems and procedures that will support program delivery in accordance with sound financial controls, standards, policies, laws and regulations
- Assist with the budgeting process (elaboration, submission, review/ adjustment and implementation)
- Prepare monthly income and expenditure statements
- Prepare and consolidate the Annual Financial Statements for Cameroon and Forest Program
- Supervise and provide support to finance staff of the entities and country program or project offices
- Organize internal and external audits and ensure that agreed recommendation are followed up
- Ensure that required financial information and reporting requirements to PACO, HQ , Donors and partners
Internal Control Environment
- Taking into consideration external and internal audit recommendations, maintain an adequate internal control environment by reviewing and improving existing financial controls to ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial information, safeguarding of assets, and adherence to the NGO policies and compliance with local laws.
Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure that the accounting system is kept up to date and provides the basis for an efficient financial information system for both internal and external users, in compliance with the NGO accounting policies and legal and statutory requirements
- Maintain adequate accounting files in line with the NGO requirements and to facilitate the work of auditors.
- Complete monthly close-off within a due time each month and send a back-up
- Distribute project financial reports each month to the project managers and the RHF
- Reconcile current accounts as per HQ instructions
- Complete quarterly, midyear and year-end accounts in accordance with instructions issued from HQ.
- Monitor the liquidity situation of the Office and manage the cash and bank accounts in an effective manner, make sure same task is done in the entities under our direct supervision;
- Ensure that cash receipts and disbursement are properly supported with relevant evidential documentation and that all cash and bank balances are correctly reconciled with bank statements monthly and in a timely manner with the records maintained.
- Request via PACO funds from HQ or from donors to ensure that lack of finance cannot be a limiting factor on the rate of implementation Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- In conjunction with the RFH and following the instructions sent from HQ, manage the overall financial planning system for Cameroon Program and Forest Program entities, including budget and ABC project list forecast.
- Monitor implementation versus plan on a monthly basis. In collaboration with Program Coordinators, ensure the update of the regional pipeline of projects. Revise annual forecast at the minimum as per instructions.
- Liaise with RHF for allocation of new project numbers ensuring that all relevant documents for new projects are prepared and sent to him/her
- Regularly review the financial status of income and expenditure of all projects against the agreed budget. Discuss all actual and potential problems with Project Managers and Country program officer and bring any actual or potential problems to the attention of the RHF, with special attention to projects in deficit.
- Ensure the monthly booking and cross charging of management fees and staff time.
- Prepare donor financial reports, invoices and related correspondence. Follow up of overdue invoices
Project Contract negotiation
- Ensure that the project budgets are in accordance with the NGO financial policies and are prepared in a format consistent with accounting requirements.
- Provide cost data of the various resource inputs to program personnel to prepare and update project budgets
- Prepare annual calculation and updating of staff time rates
- Provide leadership and guidance in all matters pertaining to finance (including taxation and other issues having a Finance implication) and give advice and support to all those needing it.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Minimum of pertinent five years of previous work experience in the domain preferably with an international organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills,
- Fluent in English and French
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Knowledge in accounting software especially SUN ACCOUNT
- Ability to supervise and lead staff, including training and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic setting
- Understanding of health and safety in the workplace
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- High degree of initiative and self motivation and ability to work under pressure
CLOSURE DATE: May 3th 2013