The British High Commission in Yaoundé invites applications for the full-time position of Commercial Officer. Interested applicauts should send a written application consisting of a covering letter which demonstrates how you meet the requirements for this job, currriculum vitae (all in English)and copies of relevant qualifications, to the British High Commission in Yaounde not later than 12:00 noon on Friday 10 May 2013.
The successful caudidate will assist in developing the UK commercial presence in Cameroon, providing analysis of the opportunities that exist and promoting them to UK Companies. He/she will be part of a small team working to deliver services to UK companies through market analysis, identification of suitable business and government contacts and promotional events and material.
Applicants should hold a bachelor degree in business, law or economics and be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Work experience: Minimum of three years experience in business, government or civil society in the fields of marketing, trade promotion, economics, international trade or similar.
- Strong analytical and communication skills and commercial abilities demonstrating thorough understanding of the domestic economy and its business customs, practices, marketing channels, laws, regulations, and policies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail. He/she will be a customer focused and excellent team player.
- Fully bilingual in English and French.
- Fully IT Literate
Key Competences Required
- Delivering results: You take responsibility for delivering your own work. You respond to changing priorities. You have the necessary financial and resource management skills.
- Problem solving and judgment: You systematically gather information, assimilate and evaluate it and reach conclusions which can be defended.
- Working with others: You show consideration for needs and motivations of others, values diversity and inclusion. You work effectively and supportively with colleagues.
- Communicating and Influencing: You convey information accurately and concisely. You are able to influence people in meetings and in writing.
This is a great opportunity to experience work in a diplomatic environment that is diverse and inclusive. This includes training and travel opportunities which come with being part of a global network. The BHC benefits include parental leave, medical coverage, performance pay, 13th month salary. Candidates needing to work flexible hours to meet with other commitments are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager, British High Commission, Avenue Winston Churchill, BP 547, Yaoundé. Please mark clearly on the envelope Ref:COMOFF
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer