Réf. : 000701
Filière : Sécurité & Environnement
Nb de postes : 1
A company specialised in sourcing, processing, packaging and merchandising of coffee, cocoa and rice recruit : A SAFETY SUPERVISOR
OVERALL OBJECTIVE: To oversee all the Safety related aspects of the activities during the Construction of the Wheat Flour Mill; and have the ability to take over the role in operational phase of the Wheat Flour Mill.
- Ensure institution and sustainable implementation of Work order Systems.
- Ensure creation of awareness of usage of appropriate safety equipment during the execution of works.
- Ensure correct barricading of areas during the course of execution of height, excavation and all other high risk works.
- Ensure electrical safety during the course of excavation works.
- Ensure proper house-keeping in all areas of construction work sites.
- Ensure compliance of all electrical safety aspects during the course of temporary supply arrangements during construction works.
- Ensure frequent site inspections to identify any bad safety conditions and practises and institute corrective actions.
- Ensure institution of recording and data collation of all near miss incidents/accidents.
- Ensure usage of standard methods / Equipments during the course of construction.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures availability/display in all work areas.
- Institute a culture of shop floor talks covering safety compliance prior to commencement of works.
- Ensure display of Material Safety Data Sheets where ever appropriate and ensure preventive actions there on required.
- Ensure usage of Appropriate Safety Material in all work activities and also its availability in Project Stores for any eventuality.
- Ensure disposal of waste items in appropriate designated places without causing any External/Internal Environmental Impact.
Hygiene Health and Safety:
- Ensure the Health and Safety of all subordinates within the Company guidelines and current legislation.
- Ensure all operatives are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory, that govern accepted standards of safe operation at all premises.
- In conjunction with Technical Manager ensure all process machinery is cleaned and maintained to a defined schedule which meets food safety and EFSIS requirements.
- Ensure all food safety and operating procedures are undertaken as defined in EFSIS procedures for warehouse and packing.
- Employ a clean as you go policy
- Ensure all forklifts are operated safely within company guidelines and current legislation.
- Ensurance of all Security Systems in place in Project Premises.
- Ensure external contractors are managed in a cost-effective manner for cleaning, refuse disposal and other routine services.
- Encourage good communication through the plant workplace, through Team Briefing, formal and informal discussions.
- All supervisors are expected to exhibit a flexible approach to working and the performance of other supervisory tasks may be required for the well being and advancement of the business
- He/She should be with a Diploma/Certificate Holder in Safety Management in addition to a qualification of Mechanical/Electrical Diploma of Engineering.
- He/She should be having a minimum of 3 to 5 years of Industrial Experience mainly from process Industries.
- He/She should be conversant of using MS Office packages, MS Project software packages.
- He/She should be having a minimum experience of one or two project related Supervision activities in the field of safety.
- He/She should have a proficiency of Written/Spoken languages in English or French. Proficiency in both the languages would be treated as an advantage.
Closing date: 23/05/2013