Bank Negara Malaysia’s is funding shariah scholarship award for international students in Malaysia. The International scholarship is awarded in shariah, specializing in fiqh muamalat. This postgraduate scholarship covers tuition and examination fees, quarterly subsistence allowance and other miscellaneous allowances. CIFP Scholarship covers registration and approved examination fees and study allowance. Applications should be submitted via post.
Study Subject(s): This scholarship is available in Shariah, specializing in fiqh muamalat.
Course Level: This scholarship is for pursuing postgraduate (Masters or Doctorate) or Certified Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP) programme.
Scholarship Provider: Bank Negara Malaysia’s
Scholarship can be taken at: Malaysia
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all countries.
- Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree in Shariah studies from a recognised institution of higher learning, achieving at least a Second Class Upper or its equivalent. For the CIFP Scholarship, a special consideration will be accorded to those with a diploma (or its equivalent) in Shariah studies, but they must have at least 5 years working experience in the financial industry.
- Applicants are also expected to have secured admission to EITHER a Masters or Doctorate programme in Shariah, specializing in fiqh muamalat, at a recognized institution of higher learning, in a full-time programme, OR the CIFP programme conducted by INCEIF.
- Current students enrolling in the specified programmes at recognized institutions of higher learning may also apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants should not be in receipt of any other scholarship awards.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students can apply for this postgraduate scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Shariah Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for Shariah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge, research, talents, and intellectual discourse in the field of Shariah. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia’s commitment to strengthen the development of the Islamic financial industry. The Scholarship is aimed at enlarging the pool of Shariah scholars who are well-equipped with the necessary knowledge and competencies in both Shariah and Islamic finance.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? The Post-Graduate Scholarship will cover the approved tuition and examination fees, and the recipient will be provided a quarterly subsistence allowance. Where and when applicable, other allowances such as for books and equipment, approved return air fare, warm clothing, relocation, end of study and thesis/dissertation completion, will also be provided. The CIFP Scholarship will cover the registration and approved examination fees. In addition, the recipient will also be paid a study allowance.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Only short-listed applicants will be notified and may be required to attend an interview.
How to Apply: The mode of applying by post. Application for the scholarship must be submitted with the following documents which must be in English:
- Application Form.
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts (with English translation if the original copy is not in English)
- Letter of Offer from the institution of higher learning or INCEIF
- Photocopy of personal identification document (passport / birth certificate / identity card)
- An essay of not more than 300 words on why you should be awarded the scholarship and how you plan to contribute to the Islamic financial services industry.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation written by individuals under whom you have studied or worked, and who are able to comment on your qualifications for the award (only for post-graduate scholarship application).
- Thesis proposal (only for post-graduate scholarship application)
- Other relevant materials to support the application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications are invited and accepted throughout the year. However, application received will be evaluated twice a year (31st December and 30th June every year or as advertised).