Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the second largest worldwide by capacity.Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa, the Middle East, and the North Sea.Addax Petroleum has over 1100 employees worldwide with service offices in Geneva (Switzerland) and Houston (USA), and operating offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Port-Gentil (Gabon) and Douala (Cameroon).
Addax Petroleum Cameroon Company LLC is therefore pleased to announce its interest in motivated and experienced candidates for the following opening in the Exploration Department:
Job Position: Junior Geologist
Work Location: Douala
Work Schedule: 5/2
Reports to: Exploration Manager
Number of position: 1
- Participate fully in realizing all the explorations and related exploration operations activities in NGOSSO, IROKO and MOKOKO ABANA permits of Addax Cameroon.
- Contribute to the procedure of obtaining new ventures within Cameroonian territory.
- Contributes to the realization of explorations activities of the joint venture Permits (e.g. Sandy Gas block) not operated by Addax if call upon by Management.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
He / She participate in the technical part of realizing the Exploration Seismic and drilling operations within the Addax in Cameroon such as:
- To participate in the preparation of the well program and drilling as well as seismic campaign.
- To participate in preparing and realization of seismic data acquisition campaigns
- To go offshore and assist the well site Geologist for the supervision of drilling and carryout the well analysis.
- To ensure the carry out of the post well drilling evaluation exercise.
- To go offshore and assist in realization seismic data acquisition programs
- Assist the exploration department in other administrative and scientific tasks.
He / She also see into the smooth functioning and realization of pre-exploration drilling and seismic activities like the ESIA, Bathymetry survey, Site survey, Dredging operations, and intensive sensitization of local and administrative communities during these activities.
He / She contribute in the geologic information to the production of exploration operations related contracts and subcontracts.
He / She ensure the smooth functioning of exploration operations contractors in the field as well as the subcontractors.
He / She participate in the procedure to obtaining new Exploration ventures within Cameroon.
He / She contribute to implement the proper functioning of APCL as a company in all areas of the company's life such as administration, exploration activities, finance, HSSE and external affairs and community relation.
Interface and Dimensions
- SNH (Exploration Department, MINMIDT (Sub Directory of Hydrocarbons)
- Exploration Manager, APCL Representative, HSSE team, General Administration, Operation
- Department; Exploration Department in Geneva.
The job carries a high level of responsibility, as the employee must ensure the accuracy of forecasts.
- Investigating the structure and evolution of the earth and its natural resources
- Planning programmes for exploration of sites for oil, gas, water, minerals, etc.
- Surveying and mapping geologically promising sites.
- Collecting, recording and analysing samples and data from test sites.
- Advising on the development of reserves.
Experience / Competence & Requirements
- A degree in geology or a relevant postgraduate qualification in geosciences fields.
- 2 - 5 years in the industry, preferably oil and gas related experience
- Knowledge of a range of sciences and their applications
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy and ability to analyse numerical and graphical data
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of any geosciences software application is added advantage
If your profile meets the above mentioned requirements kindly forward an updated CV to the following email address: Apcc-Recruitment@cm.addaxpetroleum.com on or before the 21st October 2014.
NB. The email subject should read Application for Junior Geologist.