Chief Financial Officer - Africa Internet Group (Full Time)
Department: Finance & Legal
Who we are
Africa Internet Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, HelloFood, Kaymu, Lamudi and Carmudi.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
About the job
As Chief Financial Officer you support a dynamic and highly motivated team in one of our African ventures. You work directly with the founding team which you support in interdisciplinary issues such as controlling and accounting.
The position of Chief Financial Officer entails:
- Defining and implementing financial strategy in collaboration with the CEO
- Designing policies and processes for internal control in order to minimize business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll
- Providing complete analysis of financial results to the executive leadership team and Partner group
- Effective and timely management of financial planning, analysis and budgeting within the global business
- Creating infrastructure to capture weekly, monthly, quarterly KPIs
- Leading a team, providing technical and professional development and establishing succession planning
- Organizing, evaluating and directing the fiscal functions and performance of the business; developing country/product specific policies and procedures to improve overall operation/effectiveness; participating in the development of financial plans and programs
- Ensuring the accurate/timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses; ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Evaluating cash flow projections
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the region and provide financial advice and knowledge to others within the discipline
A successful candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years' experience for positions in Africa ; 2-3 years' audit experience for positions in Ivory Coast, Ghana and Kenya & East Africa
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in big 4 audit firm or preparing for an audit of a large business
- Broad based global experience in leading a financial unit
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability
- Successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity
- Leadership Skills: Strategic orientation, managing vision and purpose, developing organizational capability
- Unwavering discipline
- Strong influencing and communications skills and ability to work across multiple areas of company
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An attractive salary package
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
We currently have openings in Nigeria, Morocco, Kenya , Sengal and Ivory Coast.