DANGOTE CEMENT CAMEROON
Want to join a young and ambitious company
Want to grow as a professional and embrace digger challenges?
Want to be part of one of the best African business story?
Dangote Cement Cameroon is your next career move…
Job Title: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Reporting Line: Head of Transport
- Manage the planning, operations and maintenance of the Transport Department fleet
- Supervise the operational aspects of the Transport Department to ensure that all activities are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure and oversee the effective management of the fleet to achieve seamless operations across the country.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Transport, Logistics, Supply Chain, or any related field
- Professional certification will be an asset
- Ten (10) years minimum of relevant work experience, with at least five (05) years in a management position, ideally from the Manufacturing or Logistics industries
Skills and Behaviours
- Good knowledge of freight transport laws and regulations
- In-depth understanding of transportation and supply chain management
- Working knowledge of transport HSE policies
- Understanding of local and international best practice in freight transportation
- Good knowledge of truck parts and functions
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Proven tracks of leadership and contingency management
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and articulation of the company's transportation strategy, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with plant operations.
- Develop an operational plan for the Transport department.
- Coordinate the execution of the company's transportation operational plan in line with agreed upon guidelines.
- Develop fleet administrative standards and vehicle operating policies for the plant fleet.
- Supervise fleet scheduling and planning activities to ensure timely delivery of products to depots/ customers.
- Coordinate the activities of the fleet recovery team to ensure damaged trucks are conveyed to designated workshops.
- Oversee liaison with maintenance unit to ensure trucks are in good working condition at all time.
- Ensure that truck drivers adhere to company regulations and freight transportation laws.Prepare a transport operations budget which will be incorporated into the Plant Transport budget if approved.
- Proactively identify potential operational issues and opportunities in the transportation department.
Internal applications should only include resumes and be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The mail subject should read the job title of the chosen position.
Closing date for application: October 21, 2017
Dangote Cement Cameroon fully drives its recruitment process internally.
Therefore, we deny any mandate to an individual or company to act as a third party on our behalf.
Any initiative or communication of that nature should be considered as fraudulent and reported.