Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.Plan Cameroon is in the process of acquiring a grant from the World Food Program(WFP) for Phase II of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to the management of Moderate Acute Malnutrition(MAM) in the East, North and Far-North regions. Within this framework we are looking for potential Cameroonian candidates for Six(6) months duration renewable contract to fulfill the positions below:
Title: (13) District Supervisors for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP).
Duty Station: Bertoua and Maroua with a possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
Main responsabilities and Responsibilities
Under the authority of the PU Project Coordinator, the District Supervisors will among other tasks perform the following:
- Optimize the enrolment process of Moderate Acute Malnourish children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women(PLW)
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator and the Regional Program Coordinator, to ensure the quality and federation of nutrition actions within the districts;
- Ensure that the Community Animators have a well mastery of the anthropometric measurements and equipped to screen malnutrition
- Ensure proper and effective Distribution of Foodstuffs to patients
- Oversee the post-distribution processes and prepare the next distribution
- Collects and consolidates reports for chief relays
- Organize regular jointed meeting with stakeholders to be able to exchange vital information on the project.
Qualification and Experience
- Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline(Nutrition, Public Health, Humanitarian response) and/or proven experience in implementing a Nutrition project;
- Minimum of one(1) year work experience in community public health management or management of nutrition field related activities within the Cameroonian context
- Working experience in nutrition project management, monitoring and evaluation with institutional donors/fundraisers will be an added advantage;
- Direct experience of working with children, PLW and young people
- Experience of working in zones where security issues is a concern.
- Excellent written and spoken skills in French and a good mastery of the English language is an advantage
- Demonstrate good knowledge of information technology specially computer software applications(MS Word and Excel);
- Understands the main processes and methods of the SFP;
Application ProcedureAll applications should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than 11th September, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address:
Plan-Cameroon.email@example.com with a subject title:"Application for District Supervisors for the Supplementary Feeding Program(SFP)".
Interested candidates can either collect the job descriptions at Plan Cameroon Country Office, situated at Nouvelle Route Bastos opposite German Embassy or request for it via mail:
Only shortlisted candidatures shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the United Nations Convention on Child Rights applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned below.