Job Title: Credit Risk Manager –GCSA
Reporting to: Commercial Finance Manager, Guinness Cameroon
Category: 10 (Level 5)
No of positions: 01
Liquidity is very key to every business and therefore there is need for proper management of debtors. This can only be achieved with proper management of the company's credit policies daily and weekly.
Guinness Cameroon is 100% Diageo owned Unlisted company with an annual turnover £110m and a 15% Market share of the Alcoholic drinks industry in Cameroon.
Guinness Cameroon operates a 1.2M Hl Brewery and packaging facility in Douala, (also covering logistics & procurement) producing a portfolio of circa 11 SKU's, (Stout, lagers, RTDs and Malta variants). Since F10, key Diageo Spirits brands (J&B, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Smirnoff Vodka) are imported and distributed. Additionally there is a Distribution Centre in Yaoundé responsible for the distribution of all our brands for the Local and Export Markets (65khl pa Export)
- Maximisation of Guinness Cameroon SA (GCSA) cash-flow by minimising bad & old debt while at the same time placing the customer at the heart of our business.
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager on all credit Risk issues
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate plus in Finance /Accounting
- A professional qualification like as CPA, CA, ACCA will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with proven integrity
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP
As Credit Risk Manager, you should be able to:
- Develop and maintain the credit risk exposure by setting and reviewing credit limits and terms, regular evaluations of each customer's payment performance and seasonally adjusting credit terms. Ownership of the credit policy and its development
- Regular face to face customer contact to review credit and understand how we help each other in joined up business planning in this area
- Monitor the Sales Ledger balance and aged debt profile and pro-actively manage timely cash receipts and the DSO target achievement, working through the Credit Control team in Africa Business Services Center to achieve this
- Bilingual: English and French.
- Work both with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of seniority.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, word and power point).
Interested candidates should apply mentioning the subject.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com . Candidates should please load in their CV and covering letters.
Human Resources Director