Poste title: IT Support Assistant
Post number: 6CMBFM0705RP
Grade: GS-5 UN Classification
Type of contract: Fixed term (2 year renewable)
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Deadline: 11 November 2014
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
- Manage the office LAN, conduct general check-up of all system components, perform hardware troubleshooting, prepare and distribute user documentation and provide general user technical support. Operate PC/LAN resources, including software on server and workstations. Perform periodic system back up and assist staff to carry out backup according to office guidelines.
- Management, administration and documentation of networks connection and communication. Maintain the fax, telephone system, photocopy machines and other equipment and perform minor repairs when necessary. Maintain any telephone and/or video conference equipment and assist staff in conducting the conference.
- Maintain office servers in terms of security, proxy, filling system and all related activities.
- Maintain a close coordination with UNESCO HQ for Intranet, internet link and any other technical matter related to UNESCO Yaounde office. Provide to the office web site management, of office social media network, update and maintain the Yaounde office shared folders and databases networks.
- Maintain an active office inventory of assets, report monthly assets of the office to HQ, assess needs for upgrade and assist in selection and purchasing of necessary facilities and tools as well as performing the upgrades when applicable.
- Provide user support and training on commonly used applications software and maintain up-dated books/manuals and hardware databases related to the office automation.
- Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field, computer network and systems. Aptitude in Microsoft environment and software or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the area of ICT, information systems, systems administration, web management and maintenance, software or related area, preferably at least partly within the United Nations System.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
- Good organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and provide quality and timely support and services;
- Knowledge of SAP technology software would be an asset;
- Fluency in French or English; good knowledge of a second UN language would be an asset.
Deadline for receiving applications at UNESCO regional office in Yaounde, Cameroon is 11 November 2014. Application could also be sent through Post (sending date would be considered) or via email address firstname.lastname@example.org Completed files (CV, diplomas, references…) to be addressed with post number and title on the envelope to the attention of OFFICE DIRECTION, UNESCO, BP 12909 Yaounde CAMEROON. Only qualified and short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please note that UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
ONLY CANDIDATES RESIDENT IN CAMEROON MAY APPLY FOR THIS POST