Type of contract: TA Appointment
Section/Division: Operations/ICT Unit
Title: ICT Assistant
Duration: 12 months
As per UNICEF rules and regulations
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the supervision of the ICT Officer, provide technical, operational and procedural support and end-user services in the implementation and support of information management(systems, procedures and activities) of the office.
REPORTS TO : ICT Officer / Chief of sub-office
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
- Assist the ICT Officer, in managing the Zonal Office network(LAN, WLAN, WAN), troubleshooting ad-hoc and communications connectivity.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of computer and communications equipment. Arrange storage of equipment and consumable. Install projector in conference room or outside during office workshop.
- Maintain equipment inventory. Manage loan of equipment. Prepare weekly report of equipment on loan, status of consumable and ICT request received.
- Regularly maintain software and system, such as upgrading and patching, according to global roll-outs. Monitor virus activity in the network and ensure regular update of virus signatures.
- Assist the ICT Officer in developping the office training plan on computer software and application, based on Organisational requirements and priorities. Contribute to the preparation of user training manual and delivery of actual training.
- Assist the ICT officer in testing periodically the BCP equipement on recovery sites. Monitor good functionality of voice telephony(fixed and mobile telephone) and HF/VHF operational on zonal vehicles. Perform weekly radio check.
- Performs other duties, as required.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented with formal training(at University level) in computer science, information systems and telecommunications or related discipline(s). Some industry wide vendor certification in a technically relevant field would be an asset.
Minimum of 5 (five) years of practical work experience in information technology, computer information management work, including experience in data processing applications, multi-user network and telecommunications, hardware/sofware installation, user assistance in support of office computerization, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on IT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostics tools.
Work experience in emergencies would be an asset.
Competencies:Core values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Core competencies (Required)
- Communication [I]
- Working with people [II]
- Drive for results [I]
- Functional competencies (Required)
- Learning and Researching [I]
- planning and Organizing [I]
- Following instructions and Procedures [I]
Languages: Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English are required.
Deadline for receiving applications at UNICEF Yaoundé, Maroua, Bertoua and Douala Desk Front is 02nd June 2015
Applications could also be sent through mail Post (sending date would be considered) or via email address email@example.com. Completed files (Letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas, P11 form(to be collected at UNICEF), References, etc.) to be addressed with the mention "DO NOT OPEN" with post title on the envelope to the attention of:CHIEF OPERATIONSUNICEF
P.O. BOX 1181 YaoundéThe submission and processing of candidates' file are free of charge.
UNICEF cannot be held liable for any amount paid by a candidate as part of this recruitment
Only qualified and short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.