GEO RESOURCE PVT LTD CO
Department: Supply Chain - Sales Operations - Sales Logistics
Reports To: Supply Chain Managerâ
Main Purpose of Job
An Operational Buyer is an employee who is authorized by the company to order goods and/or services from external vendors. An Operational Buyer is in charge of the procurement of specific spend categories.â
In the limit of the spend categories' scope, the Operational Buyer has the responsibility to:
ensure delivery of goods and services to the internal user:
- at the due date and the right place;
- in the right quantity and quality;
- at the best price, with all the required documents and accounting information;
- In the limit of the spend categories' scope, the tasks of an Operational Buyer typically include:
- Converting purchase requisitions into purchase orders;
- Transmitting purchase orders to external vendors;
- Monitoring timely confirmation of purchase orders (when vendor confirmation is required);
- monitoring timely delivery of ordered goods or timely execution of ordered services;
- monitoring timely delivery of components to subcontractors (co-manufacturers, co-packers);
- Ensure the quality of data (purchasing and accounting) in the Purchase Request and in the Purchase Order;
- Apply the strategic policies established by the company.
- Find the best solution (price and quality) for the delivery of services or goods requested in the Purchase Request
Monitoring Service level agreement
Monitoring timely receipt of blocked and overdue invoices
Ensure communication with vendors; like claims, overdue or blocked invoices.
Resolution of operational issues with external vendors;
Maintain a close working collaboration with Purchase Requestors
Inform the management (SC Mgr) when repetitive requests are done to the same supplier and when a contract with that vendor is not in place.
Run the P2P health check reports in SAP and follow up on any anomalies.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of spend categories, products and suppliers.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of e-procurement tools.
- Has understanding of cross cultural differences and ability to bridge them
- Required Education / Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
Years of Experience: Two to Three years of experience in the industry (procurement).
Education/Training: MBA preferred / Master (Logistics).
Licenses/Certificates: Purchasing Certification preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP or other software related to procurement.
Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.â
Apply at: email@example.comâ