Catholic Relief Services
A Development Organization is seeking the services of one (1) qualified, experienced and highly motivated Program Coordinator for the Livelihoods and Protection Support Project (LPSP) and one (01) qualified, experienced and highly motivated Emergency Response Coordinator for the Autonomy trough Livelihoods (ALIVE) Project.
The position will be based in Batouri and Maroua respectively, the duration of both projects is one year.
Primary Responsibilities-Emergency response Coordinator
- Ensure that all the emergency programs are in line with CRS priorities as an agency.
- S/he will ensure representation of the project in national and regional coordination bodies, in close collaboration other livelihood and protection trough peacebuilding actors.
- Responsible for overall management with USAID-OFDA, partnership with Caritas, and collaboration with the government both at national and regional levels, in particular with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MINADER) Ministry of Employment and Vocational Training (MINEFOP), peer NGOs implementing livelihoods and protection activities, local authorities (major, divisional and sub-divisional delegates), and community-based organizations.
- S/he coordinates operational implementation, including adherence to USAID program requirements, ensuring project resources are managed according to CRS and USG rules and regulations, and process and results are documented in a timely manner.
- S/he divides daily management and coordination with the program Manager. The ERC reports to the Head of Programming.
Qualifications and Skills-Emergency Response Coordinator
- Master's Degree in international development studies, humanitarian response, conflict resolution/ peacebuilding (or related field);
- Minimum of 7 years managing projects in development context, with at least 5 years of experience managing projects in emergency context;
- Minimum 10 years living and working in a developing country;
- Demonstrated expertise working in Africa in least one more of the sectors: livelihoods, agriculture, and protection (community reconciliation and peacebuilding);
- Demonstrated experience working on refugee or IDP-related projects (experience managing USG-funded projects a plus);
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture, working with national staff in overseas offices;
- Demonstrated ability to work under remote supervision and to manage team members remotely;
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of the time between Yaoundé and the Far North region.
Additional Qualifications and Skills-Program Coordinator & Emergency Response Coordinator
- Demonstrated experience with programming to address conflict sensitivity, gender and protection integration, and inclusion of people with disabilities;
- Excellent leadership, budget/financial management, analytical, communication and project specific technical skills;
- Outstanding communication skills, including professional proficiency and excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and French);
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV and three references (with name, address, email and phone numbers)
Applications can be submitted electronically at email@example.com specifying “Emergency Response Coordinator for LPSP” in the following address:
Country Representative, BP 1851, Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Deadline for submission: July 31, 2016.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.