Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered Community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental affiliation working in Cameroon since 1996. We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates.
Plan is a children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.
Plan Cameroon has been granted the opportunity to implement as Sub Recipient (SR) the Global Fund new funding mechanism (NFM) malaria project titled “Achieving and Maintaining the Universal Coverage of Malaria Control Interventions for Sustainable Impact”. Plan Cameroon is therefore looking for potential Cameroonian candidates for Two (2) years renewable contract to fulfil the following positions;
Title: (01) Janitor/Messenger
Duty Station: Yaoundé
Main responsibilities - Key End Results of the Position:
Under the authority of the Administrative Assistant, the Driver will among many other tasks:
- Ensure the cleaning Office yard;
- Ensure the cleaning of office premises, toilette and kitchen;
- Messenger services;
- Assist in the management of store (phase in and phase out of item from the store);
- Pay bills (SNEC, Telephone, SONEL);
- Enrolment of requisitions and bills in the register and files;
- Ensure personnel time sheets are available at the end of the month ;
Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
- GCE "O" level or BEPC,
- Minimum 1- 2 years working experience in similar position,
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with Child-related development issues is an asset.
Planning and organization skills:
- Communication skills
- Be polite
- Be able to read and write English or French
- Be proactive
- Team oriented
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
All applications should include:
- Cover Letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than 30th June 2015 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address: Plan-Cameroon.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title: Application for Janitor/Messenger.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.
N.B. No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned below.