PROPOSAL WRITERS FOR WASH, RENEWABLE ENERGY AND AGRICULTURE SECTORS
SNV Cameroon regularly requires the services of a Proposal Writer for its Agriculture, WaSH and Renewable Energy Sector Sector.
The selected Consultant and SNV will work on the basis of a framework contract and will agree on specific terms for each proposal separately.
As demands differ greatly between one donor and another, specific experiences with particular donors are therefore important.
2. The Consultancy
The selected Consultant shall ensure a fully completed proposal of high quality in line with the guidelines and the abovementioned specifications that is submitted within the deadline.
The proposal writer shall receive input from and stay in close contact with a project design team from SNV Cameroon.
Proposals shall be written either in the English or French language depending on the requirements of the donor.
3. Roles and responsibilities:
SNV will facilitate the process of the proposal development and provide information and resources required. Specifically, SNV will:
- Provide the information/materials required for the completion of the proposal, specifically formats & guidelines;specifically the result chains that the proposal writer will use as a basis;
- Provide a draft logical Framework
- Involve all the necessary stakeholders (civil society, private sector, local government) in design process;
- Select and involve at least 1 local partner and ensure registration in PADOR
- Prepare information on organisation and previous experience
- Provide Cv's when applicable
- Pay the consultant fee and reimbursable as per the agreed upon contract.
b) The Consultant
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Review received guidelines and ensure that the full proposal is developed based on these guidelines and by the deadlines agreed;
- Study and analyze the available information and ensure that they are well utilized in developing a quality proposal;
- Hold discussions with relevant SNV staff for coordination, information and general consultation.
- Write the proposal based on received guidelines, formats and (usually two rounds of) input from SNV.
4. Timeframe and place of assignment
In principle the assignment will be home based for 10 working days per proposal. When resident in Cameroon (highly preferable), face-to-face meetings will be organised.
- Experts with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Africa in either WASH, Value chain development, food security in agricultural sectors or Renewable Energy
- Good working knowledge of Central African region in general
- Proven experience in producing project proposals for EU, USAID, World Bank, UNICEF, Sida and/or others
- Fluency in English or French, good working knowledge of the other
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter (maximum 1 page, including a table of the number of proposals written for each donor) and detailed CV in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reference below for the sector you applying for:
- PW-WASH-01 for Wash
- PW-RE-01 for Renewable Energy
- PW-AG-01 for Agriculture
Deadline for receiving applications is the 25th of April 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted