JOB ADVERT: Accountant
Unity Co-operative Society (UNICS Plc) is a Microfinance Institution created on the 15th of January 2000. Among other conventional financial products like savings accounts and current accounts, UNICS Plc has invested a lot in the development of value added services like Automated Teller Machine and the sale of Bank Cards, Online Banking, SMS Banking, Virtual Private Network, and many others. For the past 16 years, UNICS Plc has been able to position herself as one of the fastest growing financial institutions in Cameroon with highly improved technological facilities and well-developed products tailored to the needs of the public.
So as to coordinate and reinforce the finance team, we are seeking the services of an Accountant with a thorough knowledge of the OHADA accounting principles and Cameroon tax laws, who would be ready to work at any of our Branches in the National territory. Mastery of COBAC (banking) accounting system will be an added advantage.
In order to successfully achieve the purpose of this role, the position holder will perform the following tasks and should have the qualification and skills indicated below:
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgets to realizations.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends appropriate measures to control expenditure and avoid income leakage
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts with appropriate supporting documentation, general ledger monitoring, and follow up to eliminate suspense
- Reconciliation of accounts; banks, transit accounts, interbranch and accounting of our products.
- Manages the need in treasury of branch and forecast daily and periodic needs
- Ensure the safeguard of current and non current assets, to ensure traceability and security.
- Participate in the end of period closure; month, quarter ,semester and year, and prepare timely, accurate and reliable financial reports
- Ensures the respect of procedure for company and civil servant salary treatment and compensation.
- Carries out the accounting control functions in the branch to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- To have at least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- To have at least two years of experience in an accounting position. Experience in a Financial Institution is an added advantage;
- Good working knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word;
- A knowledge of computerized accounting;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to deliver under pressure and in a team fostered environment;
If you have what it takes to be our Accountant, please submit ONLY your Motivation Letter and Curriculum Vitaevia: email@example.com not later than 19th April 2016.