WORLD BANK GROUP
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Cameroon Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Cameroon Country Office:
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution: Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization's regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials.
Information Management and Client Interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office, as well as external counterparts and may also be assigned responsibility for the aspect of the unit's administrative functions and also assistant sector staff on mission
- Maintain current distribution list, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
Time management & Logistic Planning
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams; co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in the preparation and logistical planning of various events, e.g. conference, workshops, negotiations etc.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Minimum bachelor's degree
- At least 2 to 3 years direct relevant office support experience in a large international or multinational or corporate or public service organization
- Mastery of French and English (verbal and written) and working knowledge of relevant computer software.
For the full position description, complete selection criteria and required competencies, candidates are requested to submit an application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on ËCurrent job openings ËJob TypeË AdministrationË Job FamilyËAdministrationË Job# 171353.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, race, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is July 20, 2017.