American University is offering AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship for international student. The Scholarship is available for pursuing four years of undergraduate study program at American University in USA. The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa to study in the United States. TOEFL and IELTS scores are required for English language proficiency. The application must be send by January 15, 2014, electronically .
Study Subject(s): The scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the at American University in USA.
Course Level: This scholarship is for pursuing undergraduate programme at American University in USA.
Scholarship Provider: American University
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
- The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance. U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be secondary school students.
- You cannot be currently enrolled in or have already begun any studies at another university. AU EGLS candidates should apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2014.
- The most competitive applicants should have: A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with a minimum 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students are eligible for this undergraduate scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU — academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement — the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change, and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
Important: Only one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for fall 2014. If you are not selected as the 2014 AU EGL recipient and wish to continue the application process, you may be eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, you will need to submit proof of additional funds beyond the initial US$4,000 you provided. Estimated costs for the 2014-2015 academic year are US$59,109.
Number of award(s): One Scholarship is offered.
Duration of award(s): The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
What does it cover? The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately US$4,000).
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Skype interviews will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is January 15, 2014.