WAAW Foundation has started accepting 2014 scholarship applications. Applications will close November 30th 2013! Hurry and apply now!
Attention!! Before you apply, click here to like us on Facebook. You are strongly encouraged to like our facebook page to be considered for our scholarship!
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
(a) Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
(b) Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program.
(c) Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
(d) Demonstrable financial need, and
(e) Excellent Academic Record.
(f) Below the age of 32 years.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational Information
- Responses to essay questions that address career goals. and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
Submitting your application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from http://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarship/2011_ScholarshipReferenceLetter.pdf and emailed to
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of transcripts may be emailed prior to originals arriving.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.