University of Newcastle (UoN) is offering 50 PhD scholarships. Over $3.6 million in scholarships are currently available for international students at the University of Newcastle. Scholarships are awarded in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Bioinformatics program. To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have an IELTS of at least 6.5 and a master’s degree with a strong research component. Applications will close on 31 August 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Bioinformatics.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing PhD degree at University of Newcastle (UoN).
Scholarship Provider: University of Newcastle (UoN)
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: Successful scholarship candidates usually have:
- An IELTS of at least 6.5
- Honour class one or equivalent
- An outstanding Grade Point average
- A master degree with strong research component
- International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The University of Newcastle (UoN) is currently seeking applications from high caliber, motivated international PhD candidates in our areas of research excellence.
Number of award(s): Over 50 University scholarships are available for 2014.
What does it cover? Over $3.6 million in scholarships are currently available for international students at the University of Newcastle. The scholarship provides:
- living allowance of $24, 653 per annum
- relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020
- tuition fees
- overseas student health cover.
Selection Criteria: Applications are assessed and ranked according to merit.
Notification: Scholarship outcomes are known from mid December each year.
How to Apply: Applicants apply for a scholarship as part of applying for admission. Your application for admission must include:
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts
- A research proposal
- Evidence of extra academic attainments e.g. publications and research work experience
- Certified evidence of meeting the English proficiency requirement
Please ensure you attach the following documents to support your scholarship application:
- Copies of research publications, exhibitions or conference papers
- Curriculum Vitae
- Details of previous research experience e.g. research work experience / study
- Any additional documents that may add to your scholarship application e.g. evidence of the award of a University Medal.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31 August 2013.