National University of Singapore offers NGS Scholarship for PhD students in Singapore. The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high caliber PhD research. International students can apply for the scholarship. Monthly stipend of S$3,200 is offered for up to 4 years of the PhD studies or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier. The application deadline is 15th November 2013.
Study Subject (s): Scholarship is awarded for the courses offered by the NUS Graduate School at Integrative Sciences and Engineering for PhD research.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level at the National University of Singapore.
Scholarship Provider: National University of Singapore
Scholarship can be taken at: Singapore
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- The GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. The terms for the NGS Scholarship is being reviewed. Revised terms of the Scholarship will be implemented from the January 2014 intake onward. NGSS is open worldwide to all local and foreign students. You could apply for other scholarship programme(s) in NUS concurrently. Application to the different Faculties / Schools has to be done separately. Where deemed appropriate and at the discretion of the review panel’s recommendation, NGS may direct some of the applications to other departments in NUS.
Number of award (s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): NGS Scholarship is offered for up to 4 years.
What does it cover? Monthly stipend of S$3,200, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances include-computer allowance, book allowance and conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email or phone. Rejected applicants will be notified via email. Normally, the outcome should be known within 3 months from the closing date of the application. Shortlisted applicants are usually required to attend one interview. The usual periods of interview for the Aug intake will be in Dec/Jan; Jan intake will be in Jun/Jul.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th November 2013.