University of Oxford offers Oxford-Swire Graduate Scholarships for International Students in the field of history in the UK. The scholarship is only tenable at University College for Master’s and DPhil levels. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) he/she states as his/her preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to university college in order to take up the scholarship. It covers 100% of university and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £13,726). Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. The application deadline is 24th January 2014.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are provided in the field of history at the University of Oxford.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Master’s and DPhil degree level at University of Oxford.
Scholarship Provider: University of Oxford, UK
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- You should be applying to start either a DPhil or MSt in the Faculty of History at Oxford.
- Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course.
- The scholarship is only tenable at University College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to University College in order to take up the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- This scholarship is not open to candidates applying for part-time courses or to students with deferred entry.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International Students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The Oxford Graduate Scholarships have been established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. 2013-14 will see the very first Oxford Graduate Scholars begin their studies. Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have demonstrated excellent academic ability, who will contribute to the University’s ground-breaking research, and who will go on to contribute to the world as leaders in their field, pushing the frontiers of knowledge. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by numerous supporters of the University and its colleges. Sir John Swire (1948, History), Honorary Fellow of University College (‘Univ’) Oxford, through his family trust has endowed a scholarship fund for the support of postgraduate historians at Univ. Thanks to his generosity, University College offers, each year, a fully-funded scholarship for a three-year DPhil graduate and a fully-funded scholarship for a one-year MSt graduate in partnership with the Faculty of History. The Swire family’s generosity will help to ensure that History at Univ has a very bright future.
Number of award (s): 2 Scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered for period of fee liability.
What does it cover? 100% of university and college fees, and a grant for living costs (at least £13,726). Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
Selection criteria: Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Decisions are expected to be made around April 2014.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email and will receive an award letter. This webpage will be updated as soon as successful candidates have been notified.
How to Apply: All eligible applicants, who have applied for admission to the University by the relevant January deadline for their course (24 January 2014), will automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 24th January 2014.