Adelaide Scholarships International are available in the four scholarship rounds to outstanding international applicants from any country. Scholarships are available for pursuing two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree at the University of Adelaide. Applicants have a first class honours result or equivalent, to support their study towards a Higher Degree by Research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas. Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. The application deadline is 30 November 2013 for Round 2.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the University of Adelaide.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Higher Degree by Research (Masters/ Doctoral) at University of Adelaide.
Scholarship Provider: University of Adelaide, Australia
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Conditions and Eligibility Criteria
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrollment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award, unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future scholarship rounds.
- The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
Generally applicants who succeed in winning an ASI scholarship have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International Students can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Adelaide Scholarships International are available in the four scholarship rounds to outstanding international applicants from any country who have a First Class Honours result or equivalent, to support their study towards a Higher Degree by Research. Awards are available in all Discipline areas. The selection and ranking of applicants within the University of Adelaide is undertaken by the Graduate Scholarships Committee, using the criteria of academic merit and research potential.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered for two years.
What does it cover?
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance ($25,392 in 2014) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- If the award holder holds a subclass 574 visa the award covers the cost of compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) World care policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the scholarship. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 574 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
Note. The scholarship does NOT cover visa application fees.
Selection criteria: Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline are for Round 2 is 30 November 2013, Round 3 is 28 February 2014 and Round 4 is 31 May 2014.