Note: This Call for Proposals is only available to PhD students enrolled at a Mitacs full or associate partner university. For a list of eligible full and associate partner universities, please click here.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Mitacs for an administrative pre-review and feedback of their proposal draft a minimum of 7 days before the deadline date. If you are working with a Mitacs Business Development Director, they may review your draft. If you are not working with a Mitacs representative, you may send your proposal draft to accelerate(at)mitacs.ca for informal review and feedback. Please consult the program guide to determine if your university is eligible.
A Mitacs-Accelerate PhD fellowship application consists of the following documents:
- The completed Mitacs proposal. Proposals should be written in plain language but should also include relevant technical detail. All proposals must be submitted as a saved PDF.
- The memorandum signed by all partners (the intern, academic supervisor, partner supervisor and a representative from the Office of Research Services*). The memorandum must be submitted as a scanned PDF or other image document.
- *Academic supervisors must request approval from their Office of Research Services, and the approval signature must be included on the memorandum submitted with the proposal. Please ensure you contact them prior to the Call for Proposals deadline date to determine if there are specific internal deadlines for their review and approval.
- A current CV of the proposed intern (CV template is available for download from the Mitacs website).
- Conflict of Interest Declaration form if applicable. If you believe you have a Conflict of Interest to declare, please contact Mitacs at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to finalizing the proposal. (See the Conflict of Interest section in the Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowship Program Guide for more information.)
- Supporting documents, if applicable. Additional documents may be required to support the proposal application. The proposal template outlines when these documents are needed.
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowship Program Guide
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowships Proposal template
- Intern C.V template
- Conflict of Interest Declaration
- Mitacs-Accelerate PhD Fellowship Frequently Asked Questions
- Ontario Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Consent
Mitacs gratefully acknowledges the Government of Canada, the Networks of Centres of Excellence's Industrial Research and Development Internship program, Western Economic Diversification, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, Alberta Innovates Technology Futures and the governments of British Columbia, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland and Labrador through its Research and Development Corporation for their support of Mitacs-Accelerate.