RNTC is offering fellowships for developing countries’ students. RNTC’s Fellowships are available for professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers. RNTC Fellowships are unlike NFP fellowships Partial: they cover the course fee (up to 50%), not the costs for travel and accommodation. The fellowships will be awarded on academic and professional merit.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are provided in the field of Broadcast Journalism, Broadcast Management, Data Journalism, Educational Programme-making, Facts & Formats: Sexual and Reproductive Health, Facts and Formats, Financial Management for Broadcast Managers, Inside International Justice, Inside International Justice, Internet for Journalists (new name: Online Journalism), Magic of Radio, Mastering Social Media for journalists, Multimedia Journalism, Multimedia Journalism & Water, Multimedia Storytelling, Online Journalism, Radio/TV Journalism, Soaps and Society, Training the Trainers, Using Media for Development, Video Journalism and Video Journalism (summer school).
Course Level: Fellowships are available for RNTC postgraduate courses of different duration.
Scholarship Provider: RNTC
Scholarship can be taken at: Netherlands
Eligibility: RNTC’s Fellowships are available for professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from the following countries (a combined NFP list and low-middle-income countries according to the World Bank criteria).
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Lesotho, Macedonia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for the fellowships.
Scholarship Description: In January 2012 RNTC launched the RNTC Fellowship Fund to support journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers from around the world who are looking to develop their media skills, but do not have enough financial means to pay for the costs of the course of their choice. Many of our courses focus on the use of multimedia and social media. In 2014, more of our courses will become available through our Online Academy. Whatever option suits your needs, we encourage you to go for it. Choose a course and send in your application. After that, apply for a scholarship. Or, take greater control of your career by paying your own way or finding a sponsor.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s):
- Broadcast Journalism: for three months,
- Broadcast Management: 2-week course
- Facts & Formats: 4-week
- Inside International Justice: 2-week and a one-week
- Multimedia Journalism: 12-week Broadcast Journalism course
- Multimedia Journalism & Water: 3-week
- Online Journalism: 6-week course
- Radio/TV Journalism: 12-week
- Training the Trainers: 6-week
- Using Media for Development: 2-week
- Online Journalism: 6-week
What does it cover? RNTC Fellowships are unlike NFP fellowships Partial: they cover the course fee (up to 50%), not the costs for travel and accommodation.
Selection Criteria: The fellowships will be awarded on academic and professional merit.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Applicants must submit:
- Letter of motivation (150-200 words), explaining why they think they qualify for one of these scholarships
- Completed registration form
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English
- Scholarship applications will have to be uploaded in ROSA, RNTC’s Online System for Applications.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadlines are:
- For Multimedia Journalism: 1st February 2014
- Broadcast Management: 15 April 2014 (May intake), 15 August 2014 (September 2014) and 15 April 2015 (June 2015).
- for Data Journalism: 1st April 2014.
- Educational Programme-making: 1st September 2014.
- Facts & Formats: Sexual and Reproductive Health: 1st March 2014 (April - May), 15 February 2015 (March – 24 April)
- Financial Management for Broadcast Managers: 1st May 2014 (June 2014) and 1 September 2014 (October 2014)
- Inside International Justice: 1 October 2014
- Internet for Journalists: 1st April 2014
- Mastering Social Media for journalists: 15 July 2014 (September 2014) and 1st December 2014 (30 January 2015).
- Multimedia Journalism: 1 February 2014
- Online Journalism: 1st April 2014.
- Online Journalism (Online Academy): 15 January 2014
- Radio/TV Journalism: 1st December 2014
- Soaps and Society: 1st September 2014
- Training the Trainers: 1st August 2014
- Using Media for Development: 1 April 2014 (May intake), 1 August 2014 (September 2014) and 1 April 2015 ( May 2015).
- Video Journalism: 15th February 2014 (March – April 2014) and 1 August 2014 (September 2014).