VU University Amsterdam is offering VU Fellowship Programme for master students in Netherlands. The International students who do not have Dutch nationality can apply for the fellowship. Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, must be admitted to a preselected Master’s degree at VU University and have not graduated from a Dutch higher education programme. Students must have excellent academic results with strongly motivated students. The scholarship covers tuition fee, allowance towards study and living costs, accommodation and insurance. Application should be submitted till 1st March 2014.
Study Subject(s): Fellowship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by VU University in Netherlands.
Course Level: Fellowship is offered for pursuing master’s degree at VU University in Netherlands.
Scholarship Provider: VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
Scholarship can be taken at: Netherlands
- The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a scholarship for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, must be admitted to a preselected Master’s degree at VU University, do not have the Dutch nationality and have not graduated from a Dutch higher education programme.
- Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year. Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded a VUFP scholarship in 2013/2014 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2014/2015.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality) can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective students the unique opportunity to pursue a degree in a selection of Master’s programmes at VU University. VU University has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated, excellent students.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): The grant is awarded to students in their first year of a Master’s degree programme. Only students following a 2-year Master’s programme may apply for a second year and the prerequisite for a second application is the achievement of at least 80% of the 60 possible credits.
What does it cover? The VUFP scholarship covers your tuition fee, and provides for an allowance towards study and living costs (paid out in 3 installments over the year). Please note that the scholarship does not cover all your living expenses.
- There are two variations of the VUFP scholarship:
- €5.000 to students paying the tuition fee for EEA students
- €15.000 to students paying the tuition fee for non-EEA students
Selection Criteria: The award is based on the motivation letter, the quality of previous education and the student’s academic performance therein.
Notification: All students will receive an e-mail on May 6, 2014 informing them of the Central VUPF committee’s decision concerning their application. VUFP candidates will receive an e-mail containing a nomination letter, the conditions of the VUFP scholarship and a statement of agreement.
How to Apply: Students can apply for a VUFP scholarship by sending an e-mail to vufp-at-vu.nl
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is 1st March 2014.