Special selection test for admission into the 2nd and 3rd years of Medical Training in Cameroon on an exceptional and derogatory basis for the 2013/2014 Academic Year.
HEREBY ORDERS AS FOLLOWS:
- A special selection test for the admission of the best students into the 2nd and 3rd years of medical and pharmaceutical studies in accredited faculties and private higher education institutions is hereby launched on an exceptional and derogatory basis for the 2013/2014 Academic Year.
- The papers of the said test shall be written in the centres of Yaounde and Bamenda, on 12 October 2013.
- The selection test for admission into the 2nd and 3rd years of the medical training cycle in higher education institutions shall be launched in a single session for Cameroonians of both sexes.
- Candidates eligible for the selection tests shall be at most twenty-seven (27) years old as at 1st January of the current year.
The special selection test shall be reserved for candidates promoted to the 2nd and 3rd years of medical and pharmaceutical studies in an unaccredited private higher education institutions and who are holders of the followingcertificates/diplomas :
- The General Certificate of Education obtained under the following conditions and in the following subjects: GCE Advanced Level with Biology and Chemistry, GCE Ordinary Level with Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics, on condition that these subjects were passed during the same examination session;
- The 'Baccalauréat de l'Enseignement Secondaire général' series C or 0 ;
The selection test for admission into the 2nd and 3rd years shall be organized in a single session on an exceptional and derogatory basis for the 2013/2014 Academic Year under the supervisory authority of the Minister of Higher Education.
(1) A complete application file shall comprise the following documents:
- An individual information form duly filled-in by the candidate on the sites www.concours-medecine.uninet.cm and www.minesup.gov.cm. This form which includes an identifier's number shall be printed out by the candidate.
- An identification form provided for by the National Commission for Medical and Pharmaceutical Training;
- A certified true copy of the birth certificate signed not more than six (6) months ago;
- Certified copies of certificates/diplomas qualifying the candidate for the competitive entrance examination;
- Four (4) colour passport-sized photographs bearing the candidate's full name at the back;
- A medical certificate testifying that the concerned is fit to pursue medical studies;
- A transcript of the GCEI AL or 'Baccalauréat' ;
- report cards for each university year from the lst to the 2nd year testifying that nd rdthe candidate has been promoted to the 2 year or 3 year;
- The receipt of the payment of the sum of twenty-five (25 000) CFA Francs as registration fee for the competitive entrance examination payable to Account N°54430760001/93 lodged at BICEC Ut is possible ta transfer this fee into the said account from an Express Union branch) ;
- Two (2) stamped envelopes bearing the candidates address.
Candidates shall submit their files against a receipt in the following structures:
- The Faculty of Health Sciences of the University of Bamenda ;
- The Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences of the University of Yaounde 1;
- The Department of University Accreditations and Quality of the Ministry of Higher Education, Room 1536.
Only candidates possessing a regular file shall be authorized to sit for the competitive entrance examination along with their National Identity Cards.
The competitive entrance exarnination shall consist of the followinq:
- The study of the candidate's academic records: (coefficient 1)
- Written papers: (coefficient 4)
The study of the candidate's academic records (coefficient 1) shall be done taking into account the following :
- The GCE NL or 'baccalauréat' results;
- The results of the first two years of medical studies.
The syllabus of the written part of the competitive entrance examination shall be that of the first and second years of the bachelor's degree cycle.
Each paper of the written examination of a duration period of one hour shall be graded from zero to one hundred.
Any mark below 20 on 100 in one of the papers shall be an eliminatory mark.
- After the study of files and the written part of the competitive entrance examination, the jury appointed by the Minister of Higher Education shall draw up the list of candidates proposed for admission in order of merit .
- The final results shall be published in a press release signed by the Minister of Higher Education in accordance with the quotas defined in article 1 of this Order.
The Heads of University Institutions, Heads of Institutions accredited to carry out medical training and the Director of University Accreditations and Quality of the Ministry of Higher Education are responsible, each in his/her own sphere, for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and communicated wherever need arises.