Amnesty International Australia (AIA) offers International Internships for tertiary or postgraduate students in the national office in NSW, 2013 Australia.
Field of Internship: Improving Australia’s Onshore and Offshore refugee programs
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Amnesty International Australia (AIA)
Internship can be taken at: Australia
- Current or completed a tertiary or post-graduate qualification in a relevant field (International/Government Relations, Development Studies, Law, Human Rights, Political Science, Social Sciences, Social Work)
- Knowledge of Amnesty International and Australia’s refugee program
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in distress
- High-level administrative skills and the ability to manage competing demands and high volume workloads
- Excellent formal report-writing skills
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience working with refugees, asylum seekers or other vulnerable client groups
- Proficiency in a relevant community language (eg. Tamil, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish)
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? No
Amnesty International Australia has several exciting internship opportunities in the Refugee Casework Team (RCT) based in the national office in NSW. Our interns play a critical role in assisting us to support asylum seekers in their applications for refugee status in Australia. The AIA Refugee Casework Team is committed to improving Australia’s Onshore and Offshore refugee programs and ensuring the Australian Government fulfils its international obligations towards refugee applicants. The team is made up of interns and volunteers from around the world. Refugee Caseworker interns assist asylum seekers in Australia. This assistance can include writing country information reports, making referrals to other organisations for legal and social assistance, and monitoring other issues of concern.
Tenure of award: Must be available a minimum of three (3) days a week (9am – 5pm) for a period of at least four (4) months.
How to Apply: By E-Mail
Internship Application Deadline:
- Tuesday 22 January 2013 (application deadline – Friday 9 November 2012)
- Tuesday 14 May 2013 (application deadline – Friday 22 March 2013)
- Tuesday 17 September 2013 (application deadline – Friday 19 July 2013)