US Embassy under foreign national student intern program offers economic statecraft internship for candidates enrolled in the field of business or international affairs or related areas, 2012 Canada.
Field of Internship: Economic Statecraft
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Embassy of United States
Internship can be taken at: Canada
- Non-U.S. Citizen Students (American citizens are not eligible to apply for this internship)
- Candidates must be enrolled half-time or more or be a recent grad from a trade school, technical or vocational institute, college, university or comparable recognized educational institute in the field of business or international affairs or related areas.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- Applicant must be in good academic standing at current educational institute (if applicable)
- Applicant must be able to pass a medical exam and a U.S. non-sensitive security clearance and possess their own medical insurance.
Internship Open for International Students: Yes
Is this paid internship? No
The U.S. Department of State places a priority on Economic Statecraft – the importance of economics and market forces in United States foreign policy. After a brief orientation period, the intern will be involved in “on-the-job” training by working on a pre-defined project or projects relating to U.S./Canada trade development. Intern responsibilities may include: conducting market research and preparing market reports, drafting replies to trade inquiries, promoting trade events and recruiting Canadian companies for the participation in trade events, and facilitating connections for U.S. companies seeking commercial opportunities in Canada. The U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver is offering internship opportunities for the winter. These are unpaid internships as such the Interns will not be considered employees of the U.S. Government nor be entitled to payment for their services. If non-Canadian, copies of a valid study permit and work permit or other valid documents issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada which provides a student with legal status in Canada to undertake an unpaid internship.
How to Apply: By E-mail, Post, Fax
Internship Application Deadline: November 22, 2012