Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Job Title : Community and Educational activities Supervisor
Contract duration : 07 months
Location : Mbouda-West
Duty station : Mbouda city
Type de Contrat : 07 months (from 1st june 2020) with the possibility of renewal of the contract according to the availability of funding
Published Date : 11/05/2020
Start date contract : 01/06/2020
MEDECINS DU MONDE SUISSE is an international organisation responding to the Anglophone crisis in the North- West and West regions in Cameroon, implementing projects across a variety of sectors. MDM-CH is looking to support continuously vulnerable people particularly Children of the IDPs community and assess how they can further expand various way these children are supported through education. Therefore, to help MdM-CH explore the possibilities of supporting girls and boys through education, MDM-CH is seeking a Community and Educational Activity Supervisor (SCEA) to help us to response in the educational sector. The SCEA will work under the supervision of the GbV Program Manager. The SCEA will ensure access to formal, inclusive, and quality basic education in a protective environment for girls and boys at primary school level.
The SCEA will facilitate and supervise all aspects of the education projects at the state level: supervise distribution of administration, education and school materials, support teacher-training programmes, follow up and monitor activities to make evaluations and suggest improvements to the project. She/he is the link between MdM-CH, the division and subdivision. He/She will ensure a good collaboration with communities and different implementing partners in the field. He will also entertain functional relationships with other staffs of the project. . DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
The SCEA will be under the supervision of the GbV program Manager. He will work closely with the GbV program Manager to ensure the good collaboration with the communities and the various partners of implementation in the field. He will maintain functional relationships with other members of the project staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The SCAE will be expected to:
- Work closely with the GbV Program Manager in implementing and developing all aspects of the Program.
- Assist the program manager in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operational partnership agreements
- Ensure educational continuity and the protection of children in the areas of intervention;
- Compile and submit monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and reports to the GbV Program Manager.
- Ensure effective community mobilization during the project implementation cycle
- Work with communities to encourage enrolment of girls.
- Supervise to ensure timely and accurate delivery of material supplies to Learning Spaces
- Manage and account for cash/floats for activities such as of the facilitator's trainings and community mobilization workshops, and other components of training programmes.
- Lead workshops for communities, children and others as designated related on the value of education and the links between child protection and education.
- Ensure that all MdM-CH supported schools are visited on regular basis, data collected and documented.
- Develop a monthly individual activity plan and support the GbV Program Manager in developing similar activity plans for effective implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to develop innovative education alternatives adapted to the living environment of children and to the establishment of a preventive mechanism against early primary school abandonment
- Ensure the capacity building of local partners involved in the implementation of the project
- Ensure the implementation of activities on time and in accordance with the implementation action plan
- Contribute to the achievement of expected results
- Support the development of project-specific reporting templates for each level of implementation and each actor
- Contribute to the periodic reporting of progress by ensuring the documentation of budget results and estimates
- Support efforts to learn from and benefit from processes or good practices
- Contribute to the documentation of results (photos and texts), case studies and good practices
- Ensure the sharing and dissemination of good practices and results of the project with all the actors of the implementation, on the one hand and within MdM-CH.
- Support the project in the planning process and produce the necessary documents for the project
- Ensure the capitalization of good experiences and practices and allow their wide dissemination
COMMUNICATION AND WORK RELATIONS:
INTERNALLY: The communication is primarily directed to the GbV project manager and project team members: to collect revisions/validations of technical documents, to inform on the progress of activities, to solicit support, etc.
AT THE EXTERNAL LEVEL: For planning, follow-up of institutional analysis and capacity building plans:
- Communities, Mayors ;
- Local Administrative Authorities ;
- Deconcentrated technical partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPÉRIENCES
- Be a Holder of a University degree (Bac+4) in a discipline in social sciences (education, sociology, anthropology) or equivalent.
- Good understanding of the Cameroonian education system (problems, strategies and actors, public and private providers, partners and NGOs);
- In-depth knowledge of barriers to girl's access to education and strategies to overcome them.
- 03 years of experience in management of GbV
- Work experience in conflict areas is an asset.
- Have a good experience working with communities and local partners.
- Demonstrate an experience of at least 2 years in the field of IDP projects and emergency community mobilization.
- Ability to work under pressure as a member of a team or independently and to meet deadlines consistently.
- Capacity for communication, coordination, and cooperation within multidisciplinary teams.
- Planning, monitoring, work organization, quality judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Fluence in French
- Be honest, patient, flexible, rigorous ;
- Be proactive ;
- Have a team spirit.
FREQUENCY OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Very high: The job holder has a very high level of contact with the children he/she is brought to visit during trips in the field.
The candidate must demonstrate also a great interest in continuous education, the introduction of new practices and is able to know the developments and innovations that exist in their area of expertise.
- Mastery of IT tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Sensitive to gender aspect
- Must have the sense for respect of procedures and hierarchy
- 30% of office work.
- A cover letter addressed to the General Coordinator of the Cameroon mission Médecins du Monde Switzerland.
- An updated CV with at least 03 professional references related to your previous jobs (4 pages)
- A copy of university degrees
If you are preselected (e), you will be asked:
- A medical certificate
- A criminal record dating less than 3 months
- DATE AND PLACE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested persons should submit their complete application by email no later than May 20, 2020 inclusive.
Completed applications should be sent by email with the subject: SCE ACTIVITIES-MBOUDA 2020
To the following address:
NB: ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT COMPLY WITH THE SPECIFICIED INFORMATIONS ABOVE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- SELECTION PROCESS
The candidates and shortlisted candidates will have to undergo a written test in English or/And French. After this step a meeting will be held for the final selection.
The members of these groups, women, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, aboriginal and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
We do not appreciate the mediation by third parties. Various tools will be used to screen and evaluate candidates, including resumes, diplomas, reference checks, written test, and interview.
Doctors of the World is an employer that promotes equal opportunities and implement a fair and transparent recruitment process. The procedure is open to all candidates who believe meet the job requirements. No employee or individual to Doctors of the World has the right to request a cash payment or exchange of favors of any kind in exchange for preferential treatment in the recruitment process.