Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
AD REFERENCE : EMP/AAH/03/2021/40
EXTERNAL JOB VACANCY
Action Against Hunger – Cameroon
Actions Against Hunger is an International Non Governmental Organiztion (NGO), apolitical, non denominated and non-profit. For our operations in Cameroon, we are looking for:
Stabilization center supervisor
Base: Buea (south west region)
Number of positions :
Contract duration: 1 Year
start date: 1st of April 2021
supervised by: Deputy Program manager for Health and nutrition
Location : Kumba South West Region
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Objective 1 Patients admission, medical consultation, treatment and follow-up
- Supervise examination and screening of the children for SC admission
- Ensure correct admission criteria to the SC are followed
- Keep the SC standard in-line with the MOH requirement
- supervise the taking full medical history and examination for all new admissions
- Ensure that the SC staff carries out a daily medical check-up and consultation with every beneficiary according to IMSAM Protocol for Cameroon.
- Ensure that the SC staff administrate proper medical treatment to beneficiaries as needed.
- Identify and transfer complicated medical to specialized care
Objective 2: Provide and supervise nutritional treatmentActivities:
- Train SC staffs (nurses, phase monitors, hygienists) on Sc protocols.
- Daily anthropometric measurement of each beneficiary in SC.
- Supervise Nurse-aids in calculation of daily milk feeds according to protocol.
- Supervise cooks/Cleaners and Nurse-aids in mixing and preparing milk correctly.
- Provide assistance to mothers if needed to give milk or RUTF to the child.
- Observe mothers during milk and RUTF feeding to identify potential problems if it is necessary.
- Ensure that the appetite test conduct according to protocol.
Objective 3: Registration, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ensure that proper filling and updating registration book on daily basis.
- Ensure the correct registration of all admissions and discharges of SC beneficiaries.
- Complete the medical history form for each child entering the stabilization centre.
- Give technical support in compile weekly and monthly reports.
- Participate in any other related reporting activities as instructed by the line manager.
Objective 4 : Ensure that food and materials are sufficiently supplied for the care-takers
- Check regularly if there are enough food and materials for the care-takers and make a report of the items missing or needed
- Report to the line manager/supervisor monthly basis on the supplies status.
- Ensure that food and materials are properly used, maintained and well stored
Objective 5 : Stock management of drugs, medical supplies, food and non-food items
- Carry out regular stock inventory of drugs, medical supplies, food and non-food items and updates on their stock levels and expiry dates.
- Ensure that medical supply is sufficient and the pharmacy is well maintained.
- Order more drugs and supplies as needed to the line manager.
- Ensure that all medicines are properly used, maintained and well stored
- Ensure proper use and storage of all AAH Properties within his/her level of use
- Essential, University studies. Desirable, health related studies, State Registered Nurse.
- Essential: previous experience of at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions
Previous experience working with AAH in health and nutrition projects would be an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Good managerial abilities, good communication skills, negotiating and organizational skills, flexibility, resourcefulness, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, pro-active attitude, good listening skills, capacity to take and follow
- 2 years' experience with action against hunger, working directly on nutrition and health in the humanitarian context ;
Training skills ;
- Knowledge in computing : Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
Knowledge of English and local language (Pidgin English)
Commit to respect and apply AAH''s gender policy.
-Mainstream gender approach in all activities
- Contribute to a working environment that takes into account each other's specificities and avoids discrimination.
Our recruitment procedure has 3 key steps :
- A pre-selection on the basis of the files submitted (only canidates whose skills and experience matches with the profile are selected for the test) ;
- Oral Interview
For each step, only selected candidates are contacted.
Due to emergency, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
At the attention of: Head of Human resources department, Action Against Hunger Cameroon
DEADLINE : 18th of March 2021
Only selected candidates will be selected for tests and interview.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Pour postuler à cette annonce, veuillez nous adresser votre candidature comprenant :
- a curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation, and references
à l'adresse firstname.lastname@example.org en indiquant dans l'objet du mail la référence de l'annonce EMP/AAH/03/2021/40
IMPORTANT! Toute candidature sans référence d'annonce sera pur caduque