Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
AD REFERENCE : EMP/AAH/03/2021/39
EXTERNAL JOB VACANCY
Action Against Hunger – Cameroon
Actions Against Hunger is an International Non Governmental Organiztion (NGO), apolitical, non denominated and non-profit. For our operations in Cameroon, we are looking for:
HUMANITARIAN ACCESS AND SECURITY ASSISTANT
Base: Buea (south west region)
Number of positions : 1
Contract duration: 1 Year
start date: 1st April 2021
supervised by: Security access manager
Location : Kumba South West Region
Mission 1: Support the implementation of AAH humanitarian access strategy in South-West Region
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a reliable security & access information gathering network through multiple contacts/focal points
- Support assessments conducted by AAH in the South West region (SWR)
- Support the monitoring and analysis of the humanitarian, security and access situation in the region
- Collection of information regarding access, politics and security in SWR as well as on safety & security issues concerning AAH.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and informing the Humanitarian Access and Security Manager
- Maintenance of a network to influential actors and communication of AAH status and mission in SWR.
- Cover for the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager in his absence and support and advice the FC and program staffs in the field regarding safety and security information on a daily basis
- Build Acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming by liaising with local communities, local authorities, religious leaders and other humanitarian actors and stakeholders within the region
- Actively seeks opportunities that will complement ability to fulfil position's responsibilities as well as further
- Support the Humanitarian Access and Security Manager & the FC in drafting and updating AAH's South West Access Strategy
Mission 2: Support the safe management of AAH operations in areas of Intervention and creation of new access.
- Support the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager and FC in development of a network with the various interlocutors intervening in the Region (authorities, local NGO)
- Support security monitoring and communication with key contacts in the resolution of security incidents faced by AAH teams.
- Provides technical support to the Access PM on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity;
- Support the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Supports in the identification, establishment and management of context appropriate approaches to ensure AAH facilities are secure -
- Submits regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager
- Works closely with AAH field teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written Incident Report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately;
- Coordinates regularly with the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager on safety and security issues, and fulfil reporting requirements to the Country Office.
- Assists the Humanitarian Access & Security Manager to provide training(s) that may include Humanitarian principles, Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications (including satellite phones) to field team.
- Support program teams on the weekly planning of field movements.
- Daily tracking and recording of all AAH vehicle field movement and be the focal person with drivers during movement by tracking location of all vehicle in the field, follow up of any calls made by sat phone.
- Supports The Humanitarian Access and Security Manager in maintaining a safe and secure access environment for AAH operations, employees and visitors, premises, and assets as well as maintaining regular communication with staff during field movement
Mission 3: Support the Access PM in Physical Management in the development of activities
- With support of the HASManager, conduct monthly safety inspections such as: fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and inspection of AAH facilities in the Region as it pertains to health and safety;
- Undertakes continual assessments of equipment (including vehicles) and organizational assets to ensure that minimal conditions for security and safety are being met;
- Regularly monitor and control AAH's existing security set-up and propose appropriate corrective measures to securre AAH premises, personnel, assets and properties accordingly.
- Check that facilities and equipment conform to security norms (closures and doorways are in a good state, open spaces lit up, buildings identified, fire extinguishers present, electrical installations buried, etc.)
- Regularly check hibernation kits, first aid kits, and vehicle safety kits; ensure that staff know what is in the kits and how and when to use them
- Brief the FC and Access Manager on a daily basis on the security situation in the area of operation and provide inputs to the LSOP and red lines.
- Participate in the preparation, implementation, and analysis of assessments in the Region.
- Support context and need analysis
- Propose modalities of intervention adequate to the context, to ensure Do No Harm for populations and AAH staff.
- Based on the movements planning of the mission, support the Access PM carry out security checks on a daily basis in order to verify that the AAH teams can intervene.
- Context, cultural and access / protection briefing or training of new national and international AAH employees.
- Master's Degree in criminology, peace & security studies, political sciences or related subject
Minimum of 1 year' experience in the field of community engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other related fields
REQUIRED SKILLS :
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Emails, Skype, Web researches);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Pidgin.
- Demonstrable training and capacity building experience
- Proven ability to read maps
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of the SW Region
Previous experience in similar activities with INGOs
Commit to respect and apply AAH''s gender policy.
-Mainstream gender approach in all activities
- Contribute to a working environment that takes into account each other's specificities and avoids discrimination.
Our recruitment procedure has 3 key steps :
- A pre-selection on the basis of the files submitted (only canidates whose skills and experience matches with the profile are selected for the test) ;
- Oral Interview
For each step, only selected candidates are contacted.
Due to emergency, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
At the attention of: Head of Human resources department, Action Against Hunger Cameroon
DEADLINE : 27/03/2021
Only selected candidates will be selected for tests and interview.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Pour postuler à cette annonce, veuillez nous adresser votre candidature comprenant :
- a curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation, and references
à l'adresse email@example.com en indiquant dans l'objet du mail la référence de l'annonce EMP/AAH/03/2021/39
IMPORTANT! Toute candidature sans référence d'annonce sera pur caduque