Chinese Government is offering full and partial scholarships for international students to study in China. The scholarship is awarded up to 4—7 years for undergraduate, 2—5 years for master, 3—6 years for doctoral, up to 2 years for Chinese language training program, general scholar program and senior scholar program . Applicants can choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from only the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Certain Chinese HEIs conduct some postgraduate programs and non-degree courses for general and senior scholars in English. Interested applicants should submit their application material to the dispatching authorities, such as the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in their country before March 31st 2013.
Study Subject(s): Applicants can choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Only the listed Chinese HEIs in the Directory are available to the applicants for their study in China.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate, master and doctoral degree; Chinese language training program, general scholar program and senior scholar program.
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE).
Scholarship can be taken at: China
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree program must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese language training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.Chinese language is the only subject available.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45. All subjects including Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students (non-Chinese citizens) can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Description: Chinese Government Scholarship Program is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between the Chinese government and the governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
Duration of award(s):
- Undergraduate: up to 4—7 years
- Master: up to 2—5 years
- Doctoral: up to 3—6 years
- Chinese language training program: up to 2 years
- General scholar program: up to 2 years
- Senior scholar program: up to 2 years.
What does it cover? Full Scholarship:
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- v – Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy.
- Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month): Undergraduates & Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan, Master’s degree students & general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan and Doctoral degree students & senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan.
- New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China. CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year and CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above.
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy (each for coming-in and leaving China). A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip) will be provided for scholarship students traveling.
- Partial Scholarship: One or several items of full scholarship (one-off settlement subsidy and one-off inter-city travel allowance excluded).
Notification: CSC will send the Final List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the education authorities in the provinces and autonomous regions under this program by the end of June, 2013.
How to Apply: Applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities, such as the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country. Eligible applicants shall log on the online application system, fill out and print the application form. Application materials should be mailed in duplicate (two copies) to the dispatching authority.The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship ?filled in Chinese or English?
Those who are available for online application shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn .
Those who cannot apply online shall contact the dispatching authorities to get the application form and fill it truly, correctly and completely.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English.
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies, or study in China as senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Applicants who are already in China shall submit the Admission Notices or Invitation Letters issued by the target universities.
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Students are expected to submit their applications between January to early April..