OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is funding scholarship for students of developing countries in Austria. Scholarship is awarded for pursuing masters degree to students, who must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system. The Masters Scholarship for Developing Countries Students Award is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in the areas of Development or Energy Studies. The scholarship covers the tuition support, monthly allowance and airfare. Send your complete OFID Scholarship Award online application by May 1, 2013.
Study Subject(s): The scholarship is provided to study in Development or Energy Studies.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
Scholarship Provider: The OPEC Fund for International Development
Scholarship can be taken at: Austria
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Angola, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Antigua, Albania, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Barbuda, Belize Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Cape Verde Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros Congo DR, Republic of Congo, Cote d’lvoire, Cambodia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba ,Djibouti Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jordan, Jamaica, Kenya Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea D P R, Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo, Lao, Lesotho, Lebano, PDR Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Maldives, Moldova Mongolia, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Nepal, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines Paraguay Peru, Panama, Rwanda, Senegal Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé & Principe, Samoa Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Syria, St. Christopher, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Saint, Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Tajikistan, Thailand Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Scholarship Description: OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2013. The OFID Scholarship will be awarded to support students or candidates for Master’s degree studies. The applicant must be from a developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world. The scholarship is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Duration of award(s): The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2013.
What does it cover? The tuition fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid by OFID directly to the academic institution. Health insurance will be paid in accordance with the institution’s own standard medical scheme. A monthly allowance to cover living expenses, books and accommodation, will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a quarterly basis.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Only the winners will be notified by June 13, 2013 via their website.
How to Apply:
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Scholarship Application Deadline: The OFID Scholarship for Developing Countries Students application deadline is May 1, 2013.