International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at Edith Cowan University are offered for a doctoral degree (PhD) or master by research. International students can apply for this scholarship. The scholarships provide the recipient with tuition fees and health care cover for the duration of their research degree. International students can apply for this scholarship. The application deadline is 31st August 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided for doctoral degree (PhD) or master by research offered by the university.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD or Master by research.
Scholarship Provider: Edith Cowan University
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: Course Requirements:
- Applicants should have completed at least four years of tertiary education study at a high level of achievement for example:
- Four year degree (e.g. Engineering or Law)
- Three year degree and one of the following:
- Honours year
- One year of a higher degree
- One year of a Masters preliminary or other qualifying programme
- Postgraduate diploma
The awardees should also have:
- Completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the ECU as having an equivalent level of attainment
- Must have their course application for study in the PhD or Master by research programme approved by ECU before being considered for an offer of a scholarship
- Where an offer of a place in the course is conditional, an applicant is normally not eligible for scholarship consideration until that condition has been met.
- The intention to undertake study in a course and research topic within one of the University’s areas of research activity
- Not all degree combinations will be considered by the University to be equivalent to an Australian First Class Honours degree
- A student with a two-year Masters degree, but no Bachelors degree, may be considered with other masters graduates if the University regards this as equivalent
Exclusions : To be eligible Applicants must not have previously gained or currently hold any of the following:
- Research doctorate, which is deemed the equivalent of an Australian research doctorate degree
- Master by research degree if seeking admission to Master by research degree
- Another substantial scholarship provided by ECU (e.g., faculty, school or research centre scholarship) or an external provider
- Applicants enrolled in, or intending to enrol in, the Doctor of Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health (L23) are ineligible to apply for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Applicants undertaking the four-year Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology) (U93) are only eligible to apply for a postgraduate research scholarship after the completion of the first year of the course. A scholarship will ONLY cover the three (3) years of full-time research
- Applicants undertaking the four-year Doctor of Psychology by research (T29) are eligible to apply for a postgraduate research scholarship although the duration of the scholarship would ONLY cover three (3) years
- Additional Eligibility requirements for International Students
- Applicants must:-meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Department of Health and Ageing
- Meet all University admission requirements, including English proficiency, and be made an unconditional offer of a place in a higher degree by research (either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by research)
- Not currently be receiving a scholarship provided by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID)or have completed an AusAID scholarship within the last two years
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commence their studies in either a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by research. The IPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. IPRS scholarships are offered each year for tenure at Edith Cowan University. The scholarships provide the recipient with tuition fees and health care cover for the duration of their research degree. In addition, each successful IPRS recipient will be offered an ECU International Stipend (ECUIS) to meet living costs for the same period. Successful applicants typically have first class honours or have completed a Master degree by research with additional research output such as research publications and/or successful research grant applications and research experience.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s):
- 1-2 years for a Master by research dependant on course length
- Up to 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (PHD)
What does it cover? Total offer is of $26,000 per year (tax free) stipend/living allowance plus tuition fees and overseas health cover paid.
Other Benefits: Not Known
Selection criteria: Selection for a postgraduate research scholarship is based on academic merit and research capability within the University’s research strengths.
Notification: Application will be assessed within four (4) weeks from the closing date and you will be advised of the outcome via email as soon as possible afterwards.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post and electronically.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st August 2013.