Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) offers PhD fellowships program. 15 stipends are offered to pursue PhD prgramme in one of BIGSSS’ three thematic fields: global governance and regional integration, welfare state, inequality and Quality of Life and in the field Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts. PhD stipends of 1300 Euros/month for 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year.
Study Subject(s): The fellowships are provided to study Global Governance and Regional Integration, Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life and in the field Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts.
Course Level: This fellowship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Scholarship Provider: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
Scholarship can be taken at: Germany
- An excellent MA degree (or national equivalents like the German “Diploma” or “Master”) in a discipline pertinent to at least one of BIGSSS’ three Thematic fields (see above), i.e. in Political Science (including related degree programs in European Studies or International Relations), Sociology, Psychology, Law, Economics or Mass Communication.
- The degree must be completed by the end of July of the year of application, which means you may apply before having finished your MA degree.
- English proficiency as described in the application materials section.
- Additionally BIGSSS offers 2 Preparatory Fellowships to particularly talented BA Graduates. Please refer to Predoctoral Fellowships to find out more about the program.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students can apply for the fellowships.
Scholarship Description: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Ph.D. program. The program will commence on September 1st, 2013. Successful applicants for our Ph.D. fellowships will pursue a topic in one of BIGSSS’ three Thematic Fields:
- Field A: Global Governance and Regional Integration
- Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life
- Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts
Applicants are asked to apply with their own research project broadly related to one of the three thematic fields.
Number of awards offered: 15 fellowships are awarded.
Duration of award(s): Fellowships are awarded for 36 months.
What does it cover? BIGSSS offers 15 PhD stipends of 1300 Euros/month.
How to apply: The only way to apply for our program is via our admissions system, where you can upload your application materials online. All of the necessary admissions information and application instructions can be found on our webpage. Be sure to read through all the sub tabs, including “overview” and “application materials”
For Ph.D. applicants: http://www.bigsss-bremen.de/admissions/phd/overview/
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application period for the Fall 2013 semester will begin in the middle of December 2012 and go until March 15th, 2013. The deadline refers to the date of receipt of the application. All letters of recommendation must also reach BIGSSS by March 15, 2013.