To launch the competitive entrance examination by study of application files into the first year of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) of the University of Buea, for the 2013/2014 academic year.
A competitive entrance examination by study of files for the selection of one hundred and fifty (150) students for admission into the first year of the Bachelor of Engineering of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) of the University of Buea is hereby launched for the 2013/2014 academic year.
The competitive entrance examination shall be open to male and female Cameroonians who fulfill the admission requirements listed in Article 3 below, in the Departments of Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Admission Requirements: Applicants for admission must be holders of one of the
- a) General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level in at least five subjects including English language, Mathematics, and Physics; and General Certificate of Education Advanced Level in at least two subjects including physics and mathematics;
- b) General Certificate of Education Technical Ordinary and Advanced Levels in relevant subjects;
- c) Baccalauréat C, D, F2, and F3;
- d) Any other certificates recognised as equivalent by the Minister of Higher Education.
Composition of Complete Application Files: Complete application files must include
the following documents:
- an application form to be completed by the applicant;
- Certified true copy of the candidate's birth certificate not less than three (3) months old;
- four (4) recent passport-size photographs (4cm x 4cm);
- photocopies of the relevant academic certificates indicated in Article 3 above;
- receipt of payment of CFAF 10rOOO (ten thousand francs) for the examlnation, payable to the University of Buea in the following account:
- Banque Atlantique Cameroon, Account No: 10034-00040-94063630002-30
Application forms and supporting documents shall be available at the Universities of Buea, Maroua, and Ngaoundere and at branches of PresBook in Bamenda, Douala, and Yaounde.
Complete application files shall be submitled at the locations in Article 5 not later than 11 September 2013. Late or incomplete application files shall be rejected.
The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buea, the Director of University Accreditations and Quality and the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology of the University of Buea shall be responsible, each in his/her own sphere, for the implementation of this decision which shall be registered and published wherever need be.