To launch the selection of candidates by study of files and fix the number of places into the first year of the College of Technology of the University of Bamenda for the 2013/2014 academic year.
A competitive entrance examination of students into the first year of the College of
Technology of The University of Bamenda has been launched for the 2013/14
academic year in the following programmes:
|S/N||Degree Programme||Number of Places|
|1||Agricultural and Environmental Engineering||50|
|2||Food Science and Technology||60|
|3||Animal Production Technology||50|
|4||Crop Production Technology||50|
- The examination shall be organized in one sitting for Cameroonians of both sexes, holders of GCE Ail or Baccalauréat or any equivalent diploma recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Admission is opened to qualified candidates of both sexes and of not more than sttwenty eight (28) years old on l January 2014;
- Candidates must have the following diplomas or certificates in order to be qualified to register for the common entrance examination:
- at least 04 papers at ail including English, Mathematics and Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Economies;
- at least 02 papers at Ail including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Economies;
- Probatoire Cor D and Baccalauréat C or D;
- a proof of proficiency inEnglish for non English speaking candidates.
Note: Foreign candidates may be allowed to apply in the same academic conditions
according to the number of places available, in conformity with the regulations in force.
The application file shall comprise the following documents:
- A registration form to be collected from the University of Bamenda, the Delegations of Secondary Education, the University of Bamenda Website: www.unibda.net
- A certified true photocopy of the birth certificate dated not more than six (6) months;
- Certified copies of Transcripts of GCEail or Probatoire and GCEAil or Baccalauréat;
- A certified true copy of GCE A/L or Baccalauréat or equivalent diploma dated not more than six (6) months;
- A certified true copy of GCE ail or Probatoire or equivalent diploma dated not more than six (6) months;
- A receipt upon payment of twenty thousand (20,000) F CFA as non-refundable registration fees delivered by NFC BANK S.A. following the bank code 10025, branch code 00030, account number 0301640104384253 or by BICEC following the bank code 10001, branch code 06845, account number 51985845001 11. No other form of payment is accepted;
- One self-addressed large envelope bearing stamps in conformity with the regulations in force;
- Four passport-size photographs;
- Holders of foreign diplomas shall submit either the equivalence or the receipt showing that they applied for the equivalence of their diplomas or certificates. The order granting equivalence and the receipt are issued by the Minister of Higher Education.
- The final admission of these candidates shall be confirmed only on presentation within the date limit set by the competent authorities of the text granting them equivalence.
Complete files should be submitted to the directorate of the College of Technology,
The University of Bamenda and the different delegation of Secondary Education in the different regions latest 5th September, 2013.
The examination shall comprise:
a) Academie performance through study of file (30% of the total assessment);
b) Two written papers (70% of the total assessment);
The written papers will take place on the 15th September, 2013 in the Unique Centre
of the University of Bamenda-Bambili Campus.
(1) The distribution of papers is indicated as follows:
Paper 1: 3hrs Coef.5 Either
a) MATHEMATICS AND BIOLOGYWITH CHEMISTRYOR WITH PHYSICS
b) MATHEMATICS AND ECONOMICS
Paper 2: 3hrs Coef.2 (GEN ERAl KNOWlEDGE, FRENCH AND ENGLlSH)
(2) The syllabuses of the competitive entrance examination in each section are thesame as in the GCE A/L or Baccalaureate programmes.
The academic performance shall mostly be based on the study of candidates file;
- the candidate's age;
- the number of years spent in Secondary Education;
- transcripts of the results of the GCE O/l or Probatoire, and that of GCE A/L or Baccalaureate
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Bamenda, and the Director of University Accreditations and Quality are responsible, each in his own sphere, for the implementation of this Order which shall be registered and published in English and French wherever necessary.