Job Title: Corporate Relations Director, GCSA & WACA
Department: Managing Director Office
Reporting to: Managing Director GCSA
Category: 12 (Level 4)
No of positions: 01
- In 2009, GCSA has become Cameroon Hub, an area covering about 21 countries in West and
Central Africa, and is now transitioning WACA back to another market (PMIO) with its dedicated Executive team.
- GCSA produces, markets and sells alcoholic beverages in and outside Cameroon. It is a
subsidiary of Diageo Plc, the global alcoholic drinks company.
- The Corporate Relations Director reports to the MD and works closely with the Corporate
Relations Director Africa to deliver the corporate relations agenda in Cameroon. He supervises a team of 4. The role will require significant travel across the country.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University graduate with at least 10 years work experience in a Corporate Relations or related field
- Corporate Relations experience in a highly regulated industry is essential. Experience with a
leading international company is preferable.
- Proven ability to work across markets and cultures is highly preferred and experience of working in an Africa context would be an advantage
- Solid experience in managing public policy risks and stakeholder engagement is essential and (informal) leadership of industry bodies is desirable
- Experience of developing focused strategies and implementation with limited resources and of working with and engaging management to deliver CR strategy
- Experience in hands-on, live crisis management (incl. Media relations)
- A proven track record of building and leading high performing teams
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills (employees, media, policy analysis and argumentation)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and French.
- Good commercial understanding
- Commitment to Diageo values
As Consumer Planning Manager, you should be able to:
- Working with the Managing Director and Corporate Relations Director Diageo Africa, develop
and deliver a focused Corporate Relations strategy for Cameroon that protects/promotes
GCSA and Diageo's (and the industry's) reputation and deliver Africa's breakthrough strategy
- Engage MD and members of the Leadership Team in proactively supporting the delivery of
the CR strategy. This includes engaging their support in mobilising the industry, in building
relationships with key local stakeholders and in securing appropriate resources to deliver
Cameroon's CR Strategy in focus markets/ areas.
- Drive engagement strategies in areas where GCSA is looking to increase participation or set
up new operations
- working with the CR Director Africa, access and unlock Africa-level connections and
resources to accelerate and improve quality of industry initiatives and to gain key stakeholder recognition Work with the GCSA leadership team to build and protect GCSA's reputation internally and externally, including in times of crisis. Lead and maintain best practice standards in Corporate Relations consistent with our strategy and our values.
- Need to have the potential to establish him/herself as a well-respected coach that inspires its teams and is able to create good conditions where ideas flourish, execution impact is a focus and people feel rewarded and growing.
- Strong leadership within executive team to help drive a culture and a consumer driven
- Positive mind set and strong influencing skills.
- High level of Strategic thinking for the corporate relation function.
- Strong Communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to coach and manage the corporate relation team
- Works to and sets high standards.
- Edge and sense of urgency and commitment.
- Facilitation skills.
Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and ISO 22000/2005 certified, is committed to
meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career
development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability,
religion or belief and age
Interested candidates should apply mentioning the subject.
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com. Candidates should
please load in their CV and covering letters.
CLOSING DATE : 22.05.14
Human Resources Director