Plan Cameroon is an international Child Centered community Development Organization with no religious, political or governmental afficialtion working in Cameroon since 1996, We promote equal opportunity employment and pay special consideration to female candidates. Plan is a Children's organization with primary concerns on children rights, safety and well-being and has in its interest to create safe environments for children with more attention paid to child protection. All employees are therefore expected to comply with our Child protection policy.We are therefore seeking to recruit an enthusiastic development oriented and hard working Cameroonians to fulfill the tasks below:
Title: One(01) Finance Coordinator
Duration: 01 year renewable
Duty Station: Biteng Program Unit(located in Yaoundé) with the possibility to be transferred anywhere in Cameroon.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Country Finance Manager, the Finance Coordinator will among many other tasks:
- Review and monitors Program Unit Budget
- Consolidate Cash forecasts and monitor Treasury;
- Guide and facilitate the effective use of Plan's financial resources
- Review and monitor monthly period end closing of PU General Ledger and transmits monthly financial reports to CFM on time.
- Implement control mechanism and promote internal financial control processes, procedures and systems.
- Liaise with Program and Grant Teams to appropriately manage projects(including Grants) financial information in corporate systems(GL>S); prepare timely Monthly Grant financial reports as per GAD schedule and in accordance with the donor's requirements.
- Monitor counterpart spending(if applicable) regularly and ensure finance and other records are consistent and problems are reported on time;
- Reviews financial sections of POs and PO modification for Grants and ensure they are consistent with Plan policies and donor requirements.
- Performs the Year-end process in accordance with year-end instructions
- Supervise & develop staff.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent experience of at least 10 years;
- At least 5 years related experience;
- Good experience and knowledge of treasury management;
- Good experience and knowledge of internal financial controls and procedures;
- Good experience in grant reporting requirements.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED
- Promote innovation and learning
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- React promptly to clients' queries especially grant donors.
- Ability to work in team
- Good communication skill(oral and written)
- Ability to train field staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bilingual(English and French)
Physical Environment and Demands: Typical office environment.Application procedureAll applicationns should include:
- Cover letter;
- Comprehensive CV;
Interested applicants should submit their applications no later than July 20, 2014 at 17 o'clock preferably in soft copies and by e-mail to the address: Plan-Cameroon.firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title: Application for Finance Coordinator.Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the Child Protection Policy applied in the Organization.
NB: No application shall be admitted after the closing hour mentioned above