A Development Organisation is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Program Manager for the Autonomy through Livelihoods(ALIVE) Project. The position will be based in Maroua. The duration of the project is one year. The position is contingent on funding.
Primary Responsibilities (1):
- Lead the development and management of the MEAL system in collaboration with other program staff, implementing partners, and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that the program complies with the agency's MEAL standards
- Develop and continually update a MEAL operation manual to ensure all MEAL-related documents and tools are organized, up-to-date, and accessible.
- Collaborate with program staff on implementation of M&E plans including data management, data cleaning, analysis and learning mechanisms; refine these systems based on lessons learned.
- Conduct field monitoring visits events frequently with project teams and implementing partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master's degree in Statistics or a field related to international development
- At least 5 years of significant experience with an NGO(experience with INGO preferred), with 2 years managing MEAL systems;
- Mastery of principles and current approaches to MEAL in development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience with participatory MEAL systems
- Familiarity with beneficiary accountability mechanisms
- Experience working with large donors e.g.: USAID(including PEPFAR, FFP, OFDA, CDC) UNHCR, WFP, and Global Fund.
- Willingness to travel under difficult circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Proficiency in database development/management, SPSS, EPI-Info, Access, Excel and skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating information to various stakeholders
- Experience using ICT for data collection, information visioning, and mapping using GIS
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys(including sound understanding of sampling issues)
- Experience using appreciative inquiry and conflict sensitivity techniques
- Previous experience with leading and managing studies and consultants
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the capapcity to enpower staff through opportunities for growth & development
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Supervisory experience and management and team building skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English and French (written and oral).
Applications should include a cover letter, a CV and three references (with name, address, email and phone numbers)
Applications can be submitted electronically at email@example.com, specifying "MEAL Program Manager for ALIVE" in the email subject line, or by mail at the following address:
Country Representative, BP 1851, Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Deadline for submission: June 13, 2016.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.