University of Sydney is offering Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2014. The scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree level at the University of Sydney. Up to 100 prestigious scholarships will be offered for any undergraduate and postgraduate programme offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year). Applications should be submitted till 15th January 2014 for Semester 1, 2014 and 30th June 2014 for Semester 2, 2014.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided for any courses offered by the University of Sydney in Australia.
Course Level: The scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree level at the University of Sydney in Australia.
Scholarship Provider: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
For undergraduate: Applicants must have completed an Australian Year 12 qualification or an international senior secondary qualification accepted by the University with outstanding results, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
- Students completing Foundation Studies Programs offered by Australian or New Zealand universities are eligible.
- Students who have already commenced/completed tertiary studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
For postgraduate: Applicants must have completed the equivalent of an Australian Bachelor degree qualification with outstanding results based on the Australian grading system, as deemed by the University of Sydney.
-Students who have already commenced/completed postgraduate studies, or students transferring with credit exemptions and/or advanced standing, are not eligible.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: The University of Sydney takes great pleasure in announcing the Sydney Achievers International Scholarships for new international students commencing at the University in 2014. Up to 100 of these prestigious Scholarships will be offered in 2014 to high achieving, academically meritorious, international students, inviting them to enjoy the Sydney experience at one of the finest institutions of higher education in the world.
Number of award(s): 100 scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover?
- For undergraduate: AUD$10,000 each per annum, available for the CRICOS registered duration of a recipient’s program of study, for any Undergraduate program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to
the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
- For postgraduate: AUD$10,000 each per annum (ie, $15,000 in total for a 1.5 year program, $20,000 in total for a 2 year program), available for the CRICOS registered duration of a recipient’s program of study in any Postgraduate Coursework program offered at the University of Sydney (subject to the recipient maintaining satisfactory academic progress each year).
Selection Criteria: Selection will be based strictly on academic merit as per the University’s admission requirements.
- Selection will be based on actual results (academic and English language proficiency). Predicted/forecast results will not be considered.
- Only applicants with firm, unconditional offers of admission will be considered.
- Selection will be made by the International Office, whose decision will be final. No appeals will be entertained.
- Scholarship recipients will need to maintain satisfactory academic progress, which, for the purposes of retaining the Scholarship, is defined as maintaining a credit average (at least 65%) or more each year. Failure to do so may result in the Scholarship being terminated.
- Successful candidates:
- must not be in receipt of any other tuition scholarship or sponsorship;
- must commence study in 2014 – commencement may not be deferred to a later year;
- will be required to pay for their own airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) and -Overseas Student Health Cover each year;
- are also responsible for paying the balance of the tuition fees each year;
- are required to enroll as full-time international students and must maintain their international student status on a full-time basis throughout their enrollment at the University of Sydney; and
- may not be entitled to a ‘Leave of Absence’ during the duration of the Scholarship, unless it is due to extenuating circumstances.
Notification: Successful candidates will be notified by email.
How to Apply: No separate application for a Sydney Achievers International Scholarship is necessary.
- An Application for Admission to the University of Sydney in 2014 will constitute an application for a Scholarship.
- All applications meeting the selection and eligibility criteria resulting in unconditional Offers of Admission will be automatically considered.
- Successful candidates will receive an Offer of a Scholarship with the Offer of Admission.
- Candidates applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will be considered in January 2014.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadlines are 15 January 2014 for Semester 1, 2014 and 30 June 2014 for Semester 2, 2014.