- 30 September 2013: Deadline for applications. Screening begins.
- 27 - 29 November 2013: Video interviews for international applicants
- 2 December 2013: Live interviews for applicants who can join us in Würzburg
- 1 January through 30 June 2014: Fellows join the GSLS and begin their PhD project
- an international (working language English) and widely visible research environment
- three years of tax-free personal fellowship (1468 EUR/month)
- your own research grant covering research expenses of your PhD project and travel money to attend conferences (5000 EUR/year)
- the freedom to choose your lab, project and mentors - provided that there is mutual agreement - in one of the sections of the GSLS
- continuous supervision and mentoring by a thesis committee of three principal investigators (including a special mentoring program for female doctoral researchers)
- a strong network of peers
- advanced scientific and professional skills training
- MD/PhD program for medical graduates
- passion for research and practical experience in this area
- a clear understanding of what you want to work on
- an excellent university degree obtained within the last two years, usually an M.Sc. or German Diploma; if graduation is expected by January 2014 you are welcome to apply; exceptional candidates holding an Honours B.Sc. may join after a qualification period
- proven excellent oral and written English proficiency (this will also be assessed during interview) and willingness to learn basic German (training provided)
- eagerness to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
Application for the GSLS fellowships works as follows:
- Register online at registration link, please follow the guidelines. If you have any technical problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carefully fill out the application form and upload all required documents.
- Application deadline: 30 September 2013
- Notification about whether or not you are invited for an interview will be sent out by the end of October 2013.
- Do not ask your referees to send letters right now. Only ask your referees AFTER a notification that you were invited for an interview AND wait for our instructions. In this way we avoid hundreds of letters that are written in vain.
- Selected applicants from Europe (or travelling in Europe at that time) will be invited for an interview in Würzburg in November/December 2013 (travel subsidies available). International applicants from outside Europe will be interviewed by video conferencing.