This prize is awarded every two years in memory of Dr Michel Batisse for excellence in the management of the biosphere reserves in line with the recommendations of the Seville Strategy.
The deadline for submission of application forms for 2014 Michel Batisse Award is 31 October 2013.
Case studies must be submitted each year during which a MAB-ICC session is due to be convened. All case studies must be submitted through, and have the endorsement of, the respective MAB National Committees, and/or the UNESCO National Commissions of the country concerned.
- Title of the scheme: Michel Batisse Award for Biosphere Reserve Management
- Award amount: US$ 6,000 plus international travel and allowances in Paris, France, to present the award winning case study to the MAB-ICC session.
- Periodicity of awards: Every year at the time of the MAB-ICC
- Responsibility for technical review of proposals received and recommending the award winner for consideration and approval by the MAB Bureau: International Advisory Committee for Biosphere Reserves
- Language for submission of case studies: English and French
- Process for submitting applications: Each country can submit one case study on biosphere reserve management, not exceeding a maximum of 30 pages (20 pages recommended) and appropriately illustrated with scientific data, figures and tables, photographs and other supporting documentation.