Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering scholarships for international students (except Austrians). Maximum 100 scholarships, the quota depends on the budget are offered. Students working on a research project in a master or diploma programme or doctoral students are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are offered for max. 4 months. All scholarships are based on competition. Application should be submitted till March 1, 2014.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are provided in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Social Sciences, Law and Economics, Humanities and Theology and Arts.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master, diploma or doctoral programme at an Austrian university.
Scholarship Provider: Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
Scholarship can be taken at: Austria
Eligibility: Students working on a research project in a master or diploma programme or doctoral students
- who are descendants of forced labourers or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers,
- i.e. students enrolled outside Austria working on their diploma or master thesis or students enrolled in doctoral programmes/doctoral studies outside Austria are eligible to apply.
Applicants without a doctoral degree have to attach a letter of confirmation of their home university/faculty regarding their course (diploma or master programme or doctoral programme/doctoral studies) (to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the on-line application).
Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2014: born on or after March 1, 1974)
for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2014: born on or after March 1, 1979).
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students (except Austria) can apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even when all scholarship requirements are met there is no legal claim to a scholarship. Am award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, and National Archive). As for article 1 of the Austrian Data Protection Act, BGBl. Nr. 165/1999 in the present version, the applicant is aware of the fact and fully agrees that personal data contained in the application and its enclosures may be forwarded for statistical purposes and in order to ensure that the application can be properly processed.
Number of award(s): Maximum 100 scholarships, the quota depends on the budget will be offered.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships will be offered for max. 4 months.
What does it cover? The scholarships will provide
- monthly scholarship instalment: -for doctoral students: € 1040.–
-for students enrolled in a master or diploma programme: € 940
- accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance.
b) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: € 220 to € 470 (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of € 18.— per month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship.
Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. € 500.– in addition to the scholarship.
Selection Criteria: A committee of experts examines and evaluates the applications according to the following criteria:
- Why is it necessary for you to study or to do research in Austria?
- What exactly will you do in Austria in the framework of your scholarship stay?
- How do you plan to carry out your project? Which scientific methods/which methodology will you apply?
- What is the objective of your study or research project in Austria?
- Which steps have you planned to achieve your planned study/research objective (participation in courses, research in archives, interviews . . .)?
- Have you already completed preparatory work to achieve your study/research objective? If yes, which?
- Where do you want to carry out your project (library, archive, institute . . .)?
- Academic background, list of publications, etc.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 1, 2014.