Education is the greatest asset to move a people forward. In recognition of this need, the Cameroon government approved the establishment by the Diocese of a non-profit university in two different letters containing the authorization to Create (No.09/01/0194) and the authorization to start (No.10/02173/N/MNESUP/DDES/ESUP/SAC/NJE/ebm- of 26th May 2010) the University Institute of the Diocese of Buea, (UIDB). That gave the university legal status as an international institution with funds initially donated by the Diocese.
- To prepare professionals who will transform their societies and pave the way for a more just and peaceful world.
- To join SEMCIT (Sustainability, Education and Movement of Change in the Tropics) in transforming higher education in the world.
- To respond to society’s changing needs by making tertiary education more economically competitive and socially sustainable.
- To mount functional programmes that emphasizes the culture of self-employment and out-jobs creation in addition to making them apt to existing market forces.
- To live, talk, work, pray and study together and celebrate Christian life daily in their communities.
University Institute of the Diocese
of Buea (UIDB)
P.O Box 563, Buea
South West Region, Cameroon
Tel / Fax: (237) 33322829