Our new Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship supports overseas students who are funding their own studies at the University of Essex. We are offering a scholarship worth £2,000 if your grades in your first degree are equivalent to a UK first class degree.
Awards will be made on the basis of grades obtained in your first degree, so all applications for relevant courses will automatically be considered. The scholarship is awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and is available for students on postgraduate taught Masters courses (excluding MBA).
All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements.
Terms and conditions
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- Students must have been awarded a first degree with a grade equivalent to a UK first class honours bachelor's degree.
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MAPH degrees.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex scholarships.
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
2. How do I apply?
- These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.
- The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 30 September 2014, and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships. Applications submitted after that date may be considered depending on availability of funds.
- Successful applicants will be informed, in writing, by the end of October 2014 of any award to be offered.
3. Payment arrangements
- These scholarships will only be made available as a partial waiver on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University.
4. Promotional activities
- By accepting the scholarship, recipients are giving the University permission to use their details for promotional purposes and may be asked to provide a case study which may be used in University publications or on the website.
These terms and conditions apply to the academic year 2014-15. The University of Essex reserves the right to update these terms and conditions as necessary.